4. Kiss and Tell

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying mumbled against the other's lips. Lan WangJi pulled back, breathing hard, body stiff with panic. "No, don't go!" Wei Ying grabbed Lan Zhan's wrist when the other set to flee. "It's you? Why is it you?"

He was so confused. Lan Zhan was kissing him. Lan Zhan was kissing him. Lan Zhan was kissing him!The jade's face was bright red. He pulled gently, then not so gently, trying to escape. Wei Ying tethered his friend in place with strands of resentful energy. Perhaps not the wisest choice, but one that solved the problem of Lan WangJi escaping without some sort of explanation..

Was it also Lan Zhan who stole his other first kiss?

Was that the reason the second jade had been beating up trees?

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." Over and over those words slipped out of Lan WangJi's mouth.

"Lan Zhan... I don't understand." Looking at those thin lips, remembering how they tasted, how they felt, his body flushed with desire again, and then his brain... went foggy. He woke back up kissing the jade again. Due to their slight height difference, Wei Ying found himself tilting his head up a bit to achieve maximum lip contact. Breathe, he forced himself to remember to do that.

Who needed to breathe when he had Lan Zhan's lips sliding over his? Lan Zhan's tongue sliding lazily around his or jabbing forcefully towards his throat. Idly, Wei Ying noticed some interesting sounds and belatedly realized some of them were from him: gasps and whines and groans. While other noises were coming from the man he was attached to: raspy, hoarse breathing, groans, moans. Wet, hot, heat. His body burning from the inside up to their single point of connection: their mouths.

No, not just mouths... that was silk sliding under his fingers. Silk over smooth, hot skin. Muscles... what was he touching? His hands spread out to lay flat. Shoulder blades. So good, so nice to touch. Something against his chest? Something... moving? Lan Zhan's chest moving in opposition to his own, pressed against his. He could almost hear their hearts beating too fast. Breathing too fast. Pressing too hard and not hard enough. More. He wanted more. It wasn't enough. Any of it.

He pulled back, fuzzy headed, muddle headed, as aroused as he had ever been from reading spring books. And light headed. From arousal or lack of breathing?

"Let me go," Lan Zhan hissed, sounding far too composed.

"Why did you kiss me?" Why did we stop?

"I don't know. Please. Let me go," Lan WangJi begged.

Wei Ying blinked rapidly, mind returning, settling back into his skull. "You shoved your tongue in my mouth and you don't know why?"

"Why did you kiss me back?"

Wei Ying grinned. Honesty worked best here. "I liked it." He let the grin fall away. "Lan Zhan... I liked it. You don't have to be sorry. I'm not quite sure why you kissed me?" That earned a glare. "But I'm not angry that you did. Or ashamed." The glare intensified.

And then died down. Lan Zhan's ears and cheeks were burning red. "Please let me go. I was wrong. I... Lan Zhan was wrong to kiss Wei Ying like that. Please let me go."

Wei Ying slid a hand to touch the jade's porcelain like skin. "I don't think it was proper for you to kiss me while I was blindfolded. If you had asked, I probably would have said 'yes'. It's not like two men kissing for fun is anything to be ashamed of, I don't think. After all, there were plenty of men who took comfort from each other during the SunShot campaign.

"One elder explained it as.... Umm... men have needs and sometimes they use camp followers to release those needs. But some men don't want to risk getting a prostitute pregnant or they don't like the lack of emotional intimacy, so they get together with a male friend instead.