☆ JACKET ☆

Y/N HURRIED AND WORRIED WITH EVERY STEP SHE TOOK.

Y/n felt like the day had gone crazy, under a couple of hours. She worried, about Billy, Vance, herself. It all gave her a head ache, but she had to focus. She didn't know if she was going to be next, or maybe Vance, or Moose.

Maybe even Gwen. No, Gwen wouldn't. Y/n didn't know why, but she knew something was special about Gwen, her dreams. But she still felt like she should keep an eye out.

Finally, Y/n reached the store.
BRADLEY'S BIG BUY, was written across the store sign in big blue letters. She wasted no time and quickly went inside. She didn't want to keep Vance waiting.

She skimmed through the aisle's. Eventually finding the medical supplies, she picked up some gauzes and some rubbing alcohol. All of a sudden, her hand reached for bandages at the same time as someone else.

"Oh-"
"Uh,"
They both breathed out as they looked at each other.

Y/n looked to her right and saw Bruce Yamada. Now, she rarely spoke to Bruce. But, she had always saw him around, sometimes they would wave to each other, greet each other, nothing much. They were acquaintances. Still, Y/n didn't mind making small talk, neither did Bruce.

"Oh, Y/n! Hey,"
"Hey," She smiled before continuing,
"You can take that one, -Y/n pointed at the bandages-, What's up, what are you doing here?"

Bruce smiled softly at the girl, "Nothing much, I uhm, I just got a pretty bad injury when playing baseball today." Bruce said as he showed the girl the injury on his arm.

With out thinking, she placed her hand on Bruce's arm. He looked at her eyes, but her eyes were on his injury. She sucked her teeth in as a reaction, the injury looked worse than it was.

"Man, that looks bad. You okay?" Y/n let go of his arm and met Bruce's eye contact. Bruce had found the girl to be breath taking, so eye contact was not something he could hold strongly. It almost made him forget about the injury.
"Ye..Yeah. Yeah, Uhm, I'm good." Bruce lied to impress the girl.

"But, what about you? The GrabNGo would have most things you need." Bruce put his arm down again.
"Well, yeah. But, I had used some things from there but it was the last of those so I just decided to restock cause why not. But, anyways I have to get going, someone's waiting on me. But I'll catch you around, Bruce. " Y/n said as she smiled again

"Oh, Yeah, See you, Y/n!" Bruce said as the girl walked away. She shot him one last smile before facing forward. Bruce smiled back at her, not looking away until she was at the cashier.

Y/n payed for the medical supplies and kept walking to the GrabNGo.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
While Y/n was walking back to the GrabNGo, Vance was bored out of his mind. Typically, he would play Pinball until his fingers were numb but he didn't have any change. He was one to maybe "borrow" some things here and there but Y/n had just helped him. He wasn't going to steal.

He wasn't exactly hungry either so it's not like he could take any snacks. Vance spinned around in the clerk chair, bored as hell. He looked around the cashier desk, and something caught his eye. It was a picture of Y/n, two pictures in fact.

He looked through the glass door making sure Y/n wasn't coming any time soon. Vance then grab the photos and examined them. One photo was of young Y/n, with her father.

It dated back to 9 years ago. He had his arm wrapped around her shoulder, they were hugging. They stood in front of a two story light blue house. None of the houses looked like that in North Denver, so it wasn't from here. And, Vance knew that. He has lived in North Denver all his life.

She had looked like she just got done crying. Her eyes were puffy but she was smiling. He looked at the back of the photo and written on the back was
"Cali, 68'. Me finishing crying after being told we had to move."
Vance chuckled, she was really sweet. She could give you a sweet tooth with her personality.

He then looked at the other picture, one of Y/n with Finney Blake, Bruce Yamada, and Donna. They were at the baseball park after a game. It was a really "in the moment" picture, not a set up one. Donna was making some funny face. Y/n was smiling while she looked at Bruce as he laughed at Donna's funny face. Finney was also laughing at Donna's funny face. Finney was standing on Donna's left and Y/n was on her right. Y/n was next to Bruce looking straight up at him.

Vance didn't know why, but it made him a bit agitated. The way Y/n practically looked at Bruce with heart eyes made him jealous.

Then, Vance heard feet stepping against concrete. He shot his head up, he could see a glimpse of Y/n He quickly put the photos back and got off the chair.
Vance ran back to where they were before.

Y/n unlocked the door and stepped inside.
"Hey," She spoke out. She walked to the medical aisle and started restocking.
"Hey. Uhm, Do you have like...a sweater?"
"A sweater?" She questioned.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Vance hid his denim vest under the dark purple jacket Y/n had gave him. She walked with him home, to make sure he was safe. But she didn't tell him that, he assumed it was because she wanted her jacket back, so he didn't ask.

The jacket hood was pulled over his head to hide his hair as well. Not many people in Wilmington had curly blonde hair. He still had to hide from the cops, if the kids who saw the fight snitched. Which was likely.

He knew his parents wouldn't be home at this time, so if the police came and knocked, they would just assume no one was home. They had bigger things going on anyways, the grabber.

Vance started being more alert ever since hearing about Griffin Stagg. The police were still trying to find the Grabber, in which wasn't exactly easy for them.

They got to Vance's door. Y/n stood on the second stair step and Vance walked all the way to the door. He put his hand on the door knob before turning to face Y/n.

"Thanks, Y/n. You've been a real help, I owe you one."
"Eh, least I could do when you pay part our bills.",
Y/n leans in a bit, "A true loyal customer." Y/n says as she winks.

Vance smiles a bit as Y/n stands up straight again, "I'll see you around, Y/n."
"See you, Vance."

Vance shot her a wink before walking inside his trailer. Vance slid off the hood from his head. He walked into the kitchen and got a water from the fridge. Then he looked in the cup boards to grab some chips. Vance poured himself a bowl of chips. He walked back into the living room to turn on the TV.

Vance retrieved his snacks and sat back on the couch. Then, the realization hit him as his denim vest fell out the purple jacket.

"Shit."