☆ SMOKE ☆

i recommend listening to "I'm glad" by Captain beef heart and his magic band. And then the adults are talking by the strokes after.

VANCE CRINGED AT THE ITEM Y/N HELD.

She came over to Vance's house, to hear Vance out or whatever, that's a lie she told herself. They were going to smoke, so Y/n brought some vinyls. She knew he had a record player, almost every one did.

She brought her vinyls that she listens to when she smokes. The thing was, Vance was a total metal head. The album Y/n brought was "Safe as milk" by Captain Beef heart and his magic band.

It was nowhere near metal. Vance cringed at the vinyl when Y/n showed it to him as they stood in his room. It was pretty big, it was a two story house.

"But Tommy is so much betterrrrrrr." Vance complained.
"If I hear Pinball Wizard one more time I'm going to walk out this house."
"Oh my fucking god. Fineeee."

Y/n laughed, she walked over to his record player. She skipped over to her favorite song as Vance pulled out the small bag of weed.

"I'm glad" by Captain Beef heart and his magic band, started playing. Vance rolled up a joint for the two of them as he sat on his bed. Y/n sat next to Vance and laid down. Both their legs hung off the bed, Vance sat and Y/n laid.

He took a lighter out his pocket and lit the joint. He felt like he should say something now, or he might say too much while high. Y/n stared at the ceiling, she felt like the song filled the silence between the two of them. But she could see it, she could see it on his face, he had something to say.

Vance took a hit or the joint, closed his eyes. Vance exhales and the smell of weed filled the room. Vance handed Y/n the joint. She took it and Vance got up and opened his window to remove the smell a bit.

Y/n took a hit, followed by a deep exhale. Vance laid on the bed next to her as the same position as Y/n. She handed him the joint back.

"So, Vancy Wancy-"
Vance coughed as he laughed, he sat up as he coughed, she made him chuckle mid inhale. She smiled, knowing the joke worked.

"Vancy- -cough- Wancy?" He choked out as he looked back at her. The way Vance said it made Y/n laugh made her laugh even more. She slapped her thigh.
"Don't ever fucking call me -cough- that again." Vance smiled as he shook his head as he laid back down again.

"I couldn't help myself!" Y/n chuckled.
"What kinda shit kinda name is that?" He laughed as he turned to look at Y/n in the eye.

Caught in her eye contact, Vance almost didn't hear what Y/n said back. They both smiled at each other.
"Okay. Okay. I don't know I just...It came to my mind for some reason." Y/n looked back up at the ceiling laughing to herself.

Vance looked at the ceiling as well, wanting to see what she was seeing, which was just a popcorn ceiling. But in Y/n's mind, what she saw was Vance smiling again.

Vance handed her the joint again and got up. He grabbed half drank water bottle from his night stand. She took a hit, and Vance drank some water. He looks at Y/n again, Vance decided he should speak.

"I guess, I have to talk about the shit you actually came here for now. Uhm, we'll..." Vance didn't know where to start, at all.
"I know like this is what I basically came for, but you did convince me to come here with some weed. Soooo," Y/n wasn't lying, she wanted something to get her mind off worrying about Bruce or Bill for a while.

And Vance had just that, not his weed, but his smile. Vance could tell what she was saying, and he liked the idea. Vance smiled and nodded his head, he laid next to Y/n again.