☆ HITTER ☆

no ur not moving

THE OLDER WOMAN SNATCHED THE PAPER OUT OF HER HANDS. Y/n sat in English class, passing notes with Bruce. She had been to all of his games, mostly to cheer him on. But also because she found baseball interesting, it seemed thrilling to her. So during class, Y/n passed a note to Bruce, asking if he could teach her.

Bruce agreed, and before she could reply, the teacher caught them. Ms.Kaminsky snatched the paper out Y/n's hands.

"This is English! I get you two love birds can't stop staring at each other, but pay attention! When this test comes you guys are going to be lost because you were too busy mingling with each other!" She exclaimed.

The two kids shared a embarrassed look. It was one thing to get caught passing notes, but another to be called "lovebird's" by your english teacher.

Kids in the class started snickered, except for Vance. Vance looked at Y/n, she was looking at Bruce. Vance faced forward again, his eyebrows furrowed. It was only a matter of time before Y/n supposedly left, and here she was flirting with Bruce Yamada.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
After school ended, Y/n caught up with Bruce. He was nervous but very excited to teach her. She got behind him as she sat on his bike. Y/n held onto his waist.

"Ready?" Bruce asked
"Hell yeah." Y/n says

They pedaled off in his bike, just early enough for Vance to see. He walked out the school doors, just to see Bruce riding on his bike with Y/n. This wasn't even the first time, and yet it made Vance agitated. Has she been trying to forget Vance now that she was moving?

"Maybe it's for the best." he muttered under his breath.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Once they made it to the field, Bruce taught Y/n the steps of batting. He showed her some breathing techniques that he used to focus, although, they laughed half the time. They could barely take it seriously, but they eventually got through.

Then, he taught he the stance's she could tried to see which was best for her. Y/n steadied her position, and looked up and Bruce, "Like that?" she asked.
"Yeah, you got it!" He smiled. Y/n's lips wrestled itself into a smile as she looked down. Bruce's smile was contagious, beautiful even.

Bruce started explaining more, "And after that keep your weight back and swing! Also don't move your head, just keep your eyes on the ball." Bruce said.
"Okay, let's try now." She said.

Bruce was the pitcher and Y/n was the batter. "Just keep your eyes on the ball as I throw it!" Bruce told her. She nodded and Bruce threw the ball towards
Y/n.

She kept her eyes on the baseball and tightened her grip around the bat. Her palms sweated as the ball came at a fast pace. Then, she swung.

*SWOOSH*
"Fuck." She muttered. She missed the ball. Y/n thought that Bruce was going to judge her for missing, but instead he thought he was the one who messed up.

Bruce ran over to the baseball and picked it up. He held the ball in his palm and made his way over to
Y/n. "Okay, obviously I need to teach better. -Bruce rested a hand on her shoulder- You got this, honestly it wasn't the easiest for me when I started either. But enjoy it, eye sight is key. The ball is in your control, show me it." Bruce encouraged her.

Y/n grinned, he knew exactly what to say. The words Bruce said could be said by anyone, but every word that came out of Bruce's mouth flew around in her head. She nodded, "I think I got it." Bruce smiled and nodded, "Okay, Let's do it." He walked back to the pitchers plate.

Y/n planted her feet into the ground, steadying her position. She closed her eyes to focus on her breath's, and for the moments that she did, she saw Vance. His curls bouncing around as he moved, his strong eyes, every line that was pressed on his face. She opened them again and the ball was already coming her way. In a moment of shock, she swung.

*SMACK!*
Y/n gasped, almost forgetting to run. She dropped the bat and started running to first base. Bruce ran after the ball but it made its way over the fence. Once he turned around, Y/n was at home base.

She beamed, her face shined in the sun. Bruce formed a proud smile and jogged over to her. They wrapped their arms around each other, elevated by the accomplishment.
They jumped up, "Holy shit! That was awesome."
"Yeah! You fucking did that!" Bruce grinned

They calmed down, but held each other's arms.
"Thanks for being such a great teacher."
"Me? That was all you, Y/n."
She giggled, truly knowing it was all Vance.

"Cmon! Let's try that again!" Bruce said.

They spent another hour practicing, and Y/n was actually pretty good. They laughed, gasped, ran. Bruce occasionally cheering her on. The evening filled with successful or failed attempts at batting by Y/n.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
After an hour of practicing, Y/n and Bruce sat on the bleachers. They were a bit sweaty under the bright sun that hovered over them. Y/n took a sip of water before turning to look at Bruce. Bruce ran his hand through his hair, it was truly a interesting sight.

She smiled, "Thanks, again. You know, your pretty good at teaching. I think I might join baseball."
Bruce's face light up as he turned to her, "Really?"
"Yeah. It was pretty fun, today. Imagine out in the field? That shit seems pretty cool."

Bruce smiled and looked back to the distance, because if he didn't he might just reach out for her.
"Well I hope you do. I've always loved it since I was a kid and I hope I see you out there."

"Well, I'll join. I just don't know if I'll do it here."
"What do you mean?" Bruce asked.

"Have I really barely told anyone?" Y/n glanced at Bruce, who was looking at her confused.
"Uhm, I'm kinda moving. So." Y/n hoped Bruce wouldn't get too upset for her not telling him.
And she hoped enough, "You're moving? How soon?" He asked.

"Maybe a week or so. I'm sorry I haven't said-"
Bruce gently slaps his hand on top of Y/n's, holding it. "Well if your moving I have to show you all I know! You'll be the best player out there, wherever your going. This week, it'll be us."

Y/n softly smiled, he was really understanding. She loved the idea, especially cause Bruce was in it.
"I'd actually love that." She couldn't wait, she was just a bit upset that it would be over though.

Little did she know, it wouldn't be over.