☆ BIKE RIDE ☆

quick note: i recommend listening to rises the moon for the chapter, and in case anyone is confused this is a vance x reader book not bruce x reader book.

Y/N SMILED AT THE MIRROR AS SHE PUT THE SILVER ITEM THROUGH HER EAR.

Y/n adjusted her silver earrings in the mirror. She was getting ready for the arcade, she couldn't wait. She grabbed her pair of white and pink Nike Blazer Mid '77s out her closet. She slid them on and took one last check in the mirror, checking her outfit.

She nodded to herself, validating the outfit. She walked out her room. She sat in the living room that had a window that showed outside. Bruce had told Y/n that he would pick her up. She wasn't exactly sure how, because Bruce didn't own a car.

But she quickly found out when he pulled up outside her house, with his bike. She laughed to herself, it was so cute to see him make an effort. She got up off the couch and headed outside.

Bruce pulled up to Y/n's house, hoping she was ready by now. His palms sweated against the handle bars of his bike. Then, Y/n walked out her house, she looked amazing.

His mouth dropped a little, she couldn't tell. She smiled as she saw Bruce. Y/n wasted no time and immediately walked over to Bruce.

"You, Uhm, You look great." Bruce said
"Thanks! Not too bad yourself. I see you have quite the ride there too." Y/n replied
"Oh, I uh- We could just walk if you-"
"Nah, It's cool! I love bikes, I would ride mine but one of my handle bars broke off a week ago."

"That sucks. How much are repairs?"
"A lot. It cost less to get a new one. I'll get one eventually. But for now, -Y/n gets on the bike seat right behind Bruce, placing her hands right above his waist to hold on- you're stuck with me."

Bruce forms a whole swarm of butterflies in his stomach, that he tries to ignore. He smiles, he's glad Y/n is so outgoing. It feels so easy to talk to her.

"Guess I am. Ready?"
"Of course! Let's go."

Bruce started pedaling, the wind blowing against their faces. Y/n smiled and Bruce did as well. They both had an appreciation of the sun, it made the day seem so right.

"No rush, or anything. But could you pedal faster? It's so hot out here."
"You're right. No problem."
Bruce started pedaling faster, the wind blowing stronger.

They both laughed, It was so peaceful outside. A few minutes passed by, Bruce started going slower because he didn't want his legs to hurt. And he quickly wished he didn't.

Because when he slowed down, Y/n saw the missing person poster of Billy Showalter. Y/n's smiled had dropped, her mood decreasing. And Bruce could feel it, he could tell.

"I'm sorry about your friend. I'm sure he's fine, North Denver barely had any dangerous people."
Y/n doesn't reply, so Bruce tries to fill the silence.

"But really, I think we'll find him."
"Me too, just not in the way I want to find him."
"Don't think that. He's a smart kid, you know. He's in my Biology class, some might say he's a dork. Because he's really smart, like you. But that's just because he uses his brain much more. They couldn't bother to try, but he can. And that's why he's resilient. Where ever he is, I know he'll find a way out."

Y/n couldn't be more appreciative of Bruce. He barely knew her that well, but he was there. And she wanted to be there for him too. She couldn't admit it, even to herself, but Y/n liked North Denver best. Or at least it's people, we'll most people. Her face formed a small smile.

She laid her head on Bruce's back, "Thank you, Bruce. I appreciate you."
Bruce smiled softly. He loved hearing those words more than he wanted to admit.

"Welcome, Y/n."
Y/n held him close, not wanting to let go because she knew she would have to let go when they arrived to the arcade. There was silence between them, but not awkward silence. Calm silence, a few birds chirping and the bike rolling against the street.

                                  ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Vance was impatient. He had gotten to the arcade a few minutes before Y/n, which was surprising because he was almost late to everything. He sat outside, on a bench that was right next to the door.

He waited for Y/n, only to see Bruce and Y/n. His face remained the same, although the wasn't the most ecstatic to see Bruce, Y/n was there, and it would be worth it then. He had his priorities straight.

His face hung lower seeing how close Y/n was too Bruce, too close. Once Bruce put his foot on the ground to stop the bike, Y/n let go and got off. She smiled at Vance as they made eye contact. While Bruce locked up his bike, Y/n walked over to Vance.

"Hey, Vance! Ready to try out some new games for once?"
"You fucking know it!" He said as he got up.
Y/n laugh while Vance smiled.

"Rare," She thought, she kept the image of Vance smiling often in her head for the rest of the day. Bruce walked back to them. He seemed pretty happy for not wanting Vance to be there.

"Hey guys," He spoke out.
Before anyone could reply, Finn and Donna came into eye shot.

"Hey everyone!" Donna exclaimed while waving. Finn waved and smiled, but didn't say anything. Everyone turned their attention to them.

"Oh, Hey, Donna! Hey, Finney!" Y/n said
"Hey guysss" Bruce said.
Vance didn't speak, just waved.

"Hey," Fin said followed by a quick sigh
"Do you guys wanna go inside?"
"Hell yeah, Cmon!" Vance said, he seemed to be excited.

Y/n had guessed it was because of the games, she was wrong.

They all ran inside, excited.

short chap but i wanted this separate from the actual arcade hang out.