☆ GOODBYE | ☆

sorry for this but it had to be done
also play cemetery gates by the smiths and then shame by mistki for this chapter.

(Y/N'S POV)
I HOPE I WOULDN'T WAKE UP THIS MORNING. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up in bed. Last night was almost a blur, all I can remember is Bruce kissing me.

We walked back to his house in silence. I said I would come to his house after his baseball game for a final goodbye.

I sigh. I lay down I don't want to get up, I don't want to eat, I don't want to sleep.
I just want to see Vance.
I don't know why but I have this feelings that he knows.
He just knows.

*KNOCK KNOCK*
"Come in." I mumble.
It's my father.

I sit up in my bed. He opens the door and he stands by the doorway.
"Good morning. Sleep well?"
"Hey, Dad. Yeah, I slept fine. Uhm, I've packed most of my boxes. But we're not leaving until the afternoon so I'll have them done by then."

"Packed?"
"Yeah? I mean, you said we were going to Maine for your new position."
"Oh! Oh, sweetie. Didn't I tell you?"
"Tell me what?"

"We're staying in North Denver."

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
I've never jogged to someone's house so fast. The sun felt like it was melting my skin off, but I had to keep going. I had to keep going for Vance, to reach out for him.

I made it.
I'm outside his house, panting. But I hesitate, I come to the realization. Vance hasn't made an effort to talk to me, hell, he's made the effort to avoid exactly that. Why would he give me the chance now?

He's been ignoring me, there's no way he'll hear me out. This is a lost cause, but I'm not going to give up on it. Not yet. Tomorrow. Tomorrow is when I'll tell him. I will feel more ready. I nod to myself, there's someone else I have to tell.

Bruce.

The game has probably already started, though. But I did say I was going to see him after his game. I suppose I'll tell him then.

I walk to the field, by myself. A black van drives pass me, the same one that drove past me and Gwen the other day. I don't know why, but that Van gives me the chills.

I turn my attention back onto the field. There's ready players on the field and lots of people on the bleachers. I spot Donna standing by the bleachers with another girl who has big shades on.

I walk towards them and Donna sees me.
"Hi, Y/n." She says
"Hey, Donna. Did I miss much?"

"No, you're actually in time for the good part." She nods her head towards the field.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
(3RD PERSON POV)
Bruce steadied himself, he was a bit stressed. He thought Y/n wasn't at the game, he worried he ruined everything. Finney returns to the pitcher's mound and he digs his shoe into the dirt. He looks serious, it made Bruce more nervous.

"Play ball!" The Umpire announces.
Finney throws the ball.
*SWOOSH*

Bruce misses. Y/n watched Bruce, but she doesn't say anything. Bruce reminds himself to focus. The cheers die down to silence when Finney is about to throw the ball again.

"I can't promise a future, Bruce.", Bruce hears Y/n's voice in his head.
*SWOOSH*, Bruce misses again.
"Strike two!" The umpire announces.

People start cheering for Finney again. Bruce sighs, he wants to hear Y/n's voice cheering. Bruce looks back to check if she's there.

And she is.