☆ IMAGE ☆

IM SORRY IF THIS IS KINDA CORNY AND HALF ASSED I JS HAVE WRITTERS BLOCK 💀💀

listen to a sad song for this one hoes 😍🤭

MAYBE SHE WOULD BE THE DEATH OF HIM INSTEAD. It was finally the weekend and the two kids could just rest. They were laying down, next to each other, outside, in Vance's concrete backyard. The sky was unlit, dark, silent even. The two talked, playing truth or dare, except it was only truth this time.

Something about the night time made them feel like they could get anything off their chest without being judged, or maybe it was just because they were with each other. Y/n had just confessed she likes to hear those pop songs in Dine-in's. Vance gagged, jokingly, knowing fully well he did too.

"Okay, Okay, we get it, Mr. I-only-listen-to-metal."
"Shut up. That's not the point, the point is that metal is just better."
"Uh-huh. Call me back when you find the balls to listen to something different." Y/n says

"Whatever, Cuntwad. Ugh, anyways, choose a topic. I've got nothing."
"I don't know if I'm fucking crazy...but do you ever feel like this place holds you down?"
"What do you mean?" Vance asks.

Y/n hesitates, wondering if she should say what had been going on. But Vance is the only one who has seemed to not judge her, despite only knowing her for weeks. She sighed, "Something about North Denver...I don't know if it's because all the kidnappings and the..."
"Grabber." Vance filled the gap in her sentence. He didn't believe if you said his name, you'd be next. But maybe he was wrong.

Y/n had felt more comfortable saying what was on her mind now, though. She was listening, responding, and all ears to hear what she had to say. And that, was Vance Hopper for her.
"Yeah. Him. But I feel that there will always be this lingering thing in the back of my head when I leave North-"

Vance sprung up, "Leave?!" He blurted.
"Shit. Shit. Shit. I didn't tell him about how often my family moved", Y/n thought. Vance was staring into her soul, and searching her eyes for a reaction. Y/n sat up with Vance as she sighed.

"I didn't tell you?" She asked
"That you were fucking leaving? No."
Now he felt stupid, dumb at the thought that for just once he could let his guard down.

She sighed again, "Why is she sighing?", He thought.
"She's the one who gets to leave North Denver and leave me behind in dust, i'll only be a memory of whatever she remembers of me.", Vance screamed, in his head.

"My mother, she's sick. And, I don't know, maybe it's why I do all this dumb shit, but that's not the point. The point is, in order to pay for medication and all that shit, my dad has to work, constantly. His job requires us to move...frequently. That's why I'm the one always working at the GrabNGo." Y/n looked at Vance's eyes before she continued, he was already looking at her.

"And, I have been moving place to place ever since I was little. After a few years, I learned to never get attached to any one I lived near. But Vance, North Denver has you. And I think..maybe it's too late to detach. Now, I'm just scared, that whenever I leave, I don't think I'll really forget you. I don't want to remember you just as this really good part of my life, I want you to be in it." Y/n said, almost out of breath. And yet, it was worth it. She got it off her chest, now she just had to see what Vance said.

And he said nothing. Absolutely fucking nothing. Maybe a bunch of words scratched his throat, but none made it past his lips. He just looked at her for a brief moment before resting his arm around her shoulder, doing more than he could ever say. She rested her head on his shoulder, understanding his silence. Sometimes, there's so much to say, that you say nothing.

VANCES POV :
I suppose actions do speak louder than words, or it's just all I could make out of a reaction. Five seconds ago I was being a self pitying dickweed and now, I don't think I deserve her. I never understood why
Y/n always tried seeing the good in me, and now apparently I'm a really good part of her life. I didn't know what I had done to be this great person, I'm scared i'll fuck it up. And when I do, then she can forget about me. If she thinks back on me, I won't be a great part of her life anymore. Fear, fear consumes my stomach right then and there. I'm not only terrified of losing Y/n, but myself.

Y/n's image of me.
My image of myself.
I've never cared of anyone's image of me before, so why do I care so much about her's? Shit.
She's really got a chokehold on me.