☆ RUIN ☆

(Y/N'S POV)
I WATCHED AS THEY LOOKED FOR HIM, BUT NEVER FOUND HIM. I sat on the grass while my back was against the grey wired fence.
It's so cold. They handed me a blanket. I took it, but it's still so cold with out him.

They started a search party, I wasn't allowed to go. But regardless I stayed back, waiting for him, for Vance. It was kinda funny how I had never imagined Vance Hopper would mean much to me. And yet, I would do anything right now to have him back.

I can feel my heart physically weigh on my chest. It just wants to rest, give up. My heart beats for Vance, and now that he's not here, who's my heart beating for?

A police officer walks to me, the same one who  basically told me to fuck off when Billy was kidnapped.
"I'm sorry, kid."
I look down, my eye brows furrow. I resent him, but I truthfully know I just resent Vance's absence. He hands me a couple of papers, I take them without looking up.

The officer walks away, and I can finally put my head back up. But the second I look at the papers, I want to drop it again.

MISSING: VANCE HOPPER.

I know what I see, I can read it, I can feel it in my hand. But not a single part of me wants to remember it. It doesn't want to process these words. I already know these words are true, I saw it coming. But not a single bone in my body wants to believe it.

I don't want to think about it.
I don't want to hear about it.
I don't want to feel it.

I just want Vance.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
(VANCE'S POV.)
IS THERE ANYTHING OUT THERE TO MAKE IT OUT FOR? I checked the door, locked. I tried to call someone on the phone, it's broken. It's real funny how I thought it would be that fucking easy. Even if it was, what am I making it out of here for?

All these past days have been shitty, maybe this is just an easy way out.
No, fuck. I can't think about that bullshit.
I can't forget my name.

The second the sound of the phone ringing hit my ear, I turned my head around. I got up faster than I could think. This could be my only chance at escaping.
"Hello?!" I yelled louder than I intended.

The voice that I hear next dreads me.
It haunts me.
Because the next voice I hear isn't over the phone, it's coming from the basement door.

"It doesn't work. Not since I was a kid." He says.

I sigh, could he just leave me the fuck alone? I don't know how he can live with all that shame of the shit he's done, might as well remind him of it.

"You're the one that did it, aren't you?", I turn around, my hand still clutching the black phone.

"Did what?"
"You know what."
"I didn't do anything. That was someone else."

"You're a real shit face. You know that? It's one thing to kill Billy, Griffin, and..."
I piece it together that moment, the "Miss" was "Missing". But it wasn't a pet, it was Bruce Yamada.

"And Bruce!" I say harshly.
"That was someone else!" He yells back as soon as I finish my sentence.

I shake my head, that sick fuck can't even own up to his own actions. I was a dickhead, a real fucking asshole. But at least I owned up to it, the same way he should. But he continues to be consumed in his fear, trying to spread it onto others.

"I'm sorry about that. That was harsh. But you did -He chuckles- you did accuse me of something I didn't do."

I glare at him, hoping he takes offense to every ounce of disrespect I have for him.
"Hang up the phone now."

I drop it, the phone falls. It swings back and forth, hitting the wall a few times. The Grabber sighs as he turns around to shut the door.

He closed the door, sealing me back into ruin.

back from my break i guess, but updates will be a bit slow, please be patient.