☆ NOTES ☆

HER FINGERS BLED AS SHE SUNKED HER TEETH IN HER SKIN.

Whenever Y/n was nervous she bit the skin on the side of her nails. It was a bad habit of her's but she couldn't stop. She waited for Bruce at the hospital, he had to get stitches. Bruce's parents were there with him, he had already gotten the stitches, but she had to wait to see him because he wasn't family.

Y/n felt like she was at fault. She should've chose who to play with herself, she shouldn't have just watched the argument get heated, she shouldn't have yelled at Vance.

She was scared, maybe both the boys would hate her forever. Vance would never forgive Y/n for yelling at him. Bruce would never forgive Y/n for inviting Vance. It was all her fault, and now she had to deal with this on her.

Maybe Bruce didn't even want to see he-
"Y/n?"
Her head turned up, a nurse was there.
"You're friend is ready to leave soon. You may see him."

"Oh..Uh, Yeah okay." She quickly got up from her chair. The nurse led her to Bruce's hospital room.
Y/n was scared, she had a stomach ache, a head ache, and was sleep deprived. The nurse opened the door, Bruce turned his head away from his parents and over to her.

His parents noticed Y/n, "We'll give you guys sometime." Ms.Yamada said as both the parents left the room. Y/n nodded and walked over to the side of the hospital bed.

The nurse had followed after the parents, leaving the two kids alone. Y/n looked at Bruce's, opened her mouth, and said nothing. Y/n had known everything she wanted to say, but nothing came out her mouth.
She couldn't stand to see him hurt, because of her, or that's what she believed.

Bruce could see Y/n struggling to say something, he puts his hand on hers.

"I'm sorry." She practically whispered. Her words felt like dry vomit.
"For what? Y/n-"

She didn't know if Bruce had gave her some magic powers or she could finally dry swallow the big pill that was in her throat, but she could speak.
"No, No, No. Don't even give that bull shit, I know what I did and I know it well. I should've never invited Vance and even then I shouldn't have just stood there like a fucking statue. I knew what Vance was capable of doing I saw him do it the other day and even then I just stood there letting it happen for whatever the fuck reason because I am just...."

"Y/n."
Bruce said, filling the silence. She looked into his eyes, his eyes were the color of soil.

"You're not a fault. I know you don't see it that way, but you are not, Vance Hopper."

His words went through one ear and came out the other. She ignored what he said, even if she didn't, she wouldn't believe it.

"Are you going to school tomorrow?" Her voice was almost a whisper.
"No. Not until Wednesday."
"Okay. I'll bring you Ms.Kaminsky's homework. And then I'll tell you Mr. William's rant of the week that has nothing to do with English." Y/n's voice was a bit louder now. She was trying to lift up the mood, the only thing keeping her from walking out the room. She could barely stand to see Bruce that way because all her head repeated was, "Your fault.".

Bruce broke into laughter, Y/n laughed softly. He smiled, She replaced that image of Vance smiling with Bruce's.
"Can't wait."

The nurse opened the door, "Bruce, You're parents are ready to go."
Bruce looked at the nurse, "Oh, Okay. I'll be right there. Thank you."
"Of course." She gave Bruce and smile and left the ro again.

"Guess I have to go."
"And that you do. Cmon, I'll help you pack up."

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Y/n helped Bruce pack up. His parents gave her a ride home. She went home, got in bed, and got no sleep. A great way to start the next Monday morning for school.