☆ RUN AND CHASE ☆

another sad song for this chapter bc i hate you all 😍💯 (jk i litteraly appropriate yall sm dont forget to like subscribe and vote for this chap 😜👊) also these are all the same tuesdays and sunday's just different povs. and no your not moving #timejump

VANCE'S POV:
(TUESDAY)
EXACTLY WHAT YOU RUN FROM IS WHAT YOU END UP CHASING.

Ever since I met Y/n, I have felt the happiest. And under five seconds, with one sentence, she had fear consume me whole. The thing is, I don't regret meeting her. She had me feeling indescribable satisfaction. She's like a wave of well-being that washes over you. A protective outer coat that warms you.

She still gave me a chance after I lashed out on Bruce. She didn't frame me as a monster after every one had. Y/n had every reason to believe that I was a fuck up, and yet she didn't. In fact, she tried cheering me up when we smoked.

Even if we do hang out before she leaves, what good does it make? We'll still separate, we'll still take separate path's, we'll still be a memory. I don't want to remember her either, I want her to stay in my life. But that isn't fucking happening, so what does it matter anymore?

We'll move on, eventually. Might as well start now.

                          ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
(SUNDAY)
IT HAS BEEN ONE WEEK SINCE I LAST HUNG OUT WITH Y/N, BUT ONE SECOND SINCE I LAST THOUGHT OF HER.

I meant it when I said might as well start now. She's been trying to reach out, but I brush her off. That doesn't mean I haven't really thought about her, it's all my head ever seems to be fucking doing. When I walk home, I take the long way, so I can see her at the baseball field.

She looks pretty, even in a fucked up sight. Technically, it isn't a fucked up sight. She's just playing baseball with Bruce Yamada. I guess he's the next best thing, and I see it. I used to think he was boring, too plain for her. But now I see that he's that sense of stability she needs, I am not. I am reckless.

Typically, all I would do to ignore someone is go to the GrabNGo. But that is the one place I can guarantee Y/n will be at.

Now my days are filled with naps, smoking, watching TV, and whatever I used to do before I played Pinball. Maybe I would've gone to another place to play pinball if North Denver wasn't so fucking boring, there's nothing do here. But if you hang out with the right person, anything can be fun. Y/n was that person for me.

                                      ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Y/N'S POV:
(TUESDAY)
EXACTLY WHAT I RAN FROM IS WHAT I END UP CHASING.

I know it isn't a ideal plan to keep getting closer to Bruce when I'm going to leave, but he doesn't seem to mind it. In fact, today after we finished practicing at batting, I asked him why he's fine with us getting closer if he knows i'm not going to stay.

"At least I'll have you for a while, instead of never.", he said. I almost turned into marshmallow fluff. He has a way with words that I could never come up with. I admire Bruce in a way, he's a great friend.

The way I admire Vance is different. Despite the fact that I haven't talked to him since last weekend, he's not once been off my mind. Bruce may have distracted from moving, but Vance is different. He makes we feel like there's no worry in the world. In all the moments that I hang out with him, it's only us that matters. Me and Vance.

I think I'll talk to him tomorrow, at school. Since he dropped out of tutoring. Monday he simply called and said he wasn't going to show up, and now he's not coming anymore. I won't either. I will miss him, more than I'll even be able to express.

                                    ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
(SUNDAY)
EXACTLY WHAT IM CHASING AFTER IS WHAT IS RUNNING FROM ME.

Vance Hopper. It has been a week since we've hung out and not a moment passed by since I haven't thought about it. It's almost like he's a ghost. Like someone I once knew, to his core, and now I don't even know what his days are like.

In the halls, he avoids eye contact. If I wave, he only looks my way for a second. If I call him up, the phone rings out until it's left to no answer. He doesn't even come to play fucking Pinball anymore.
What kind of fucked up monster do I have to be to have him quit Pinball?

I go to work before going to practice Baseball with Bruce, and I hate it. More people are starting to show up since Vance has almost disappeared. More people fill up the GrabNGo, and yet it feels so empty. His Pinball machine remains untouched, everyone too scared to touch it in case he comes back. Truth is, they couldn't play it even if they tried to.

I turned it off it in case someone tries to beat his high-score.

                                       ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
BRUCE'S POV:
(TUESDAY)

LIFE HAS BEEN MOVING ON TO THE NEXT BEST THING FOR BRUCE YAMADA.

I think this week will be one of my best. I've been helping Y/n practice baseball, two things I appreciate so much combined into one. She looks flawless when she plays, I can barely pull my eyes away from her. It's something about the way she listens and understands the words I say, it feels so new. Different, but I love it.

Another thing I love is baseball. And I have a game coming up this week and I couldn't be more excited. I feel like a different person on the field, but it's thrilling. I don't think i'll ever be tired of baseball, and now I get to express it to Y/n. She listens to me like i'm the most interesting person on earth. I'm so glad I have her, even if for just some time.

Even if I make the most unfunny remarks or jokes she still laughs, and it's a beautiful sight. I'm so excited for this week, I can feel it. I can feel something approaching, and I will be patient.

Because I'm sure whatever it is, it'll be awesome.

                                    ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
(SUNDAY)
EXACTLY WHAT I'M CHASING SEEMS TO BE RUNNING AFTER SOME THING ELSE.

Or, someone else. I have hung out with Y/n and it's still fun. Still thrilling to hear her voice, or see how much she appreciates me. She's the magical part, maybe it's why I get butterflies when I see her smile at me.

But I cant ever help but notice she's always looking to smile at Vance Hopper too. He doesn't even smile, he doesn't even look back. And every time I see her face after, she look's so choked.

I never understood what she saw in Vance Hopper, I still don't. But I don't know, I think I have an idea of it though. Vance is rule breaking, but that's what makes him so new, exhilarating. And I think I'm too simple, maybe I'm nothing special.

I don't know, maybe the reason why I kept trying to figure Y/n out is because, I really appreciate her. I feel like I could run any distance and climb any mountain if she was there. It almost feels like I made her up, too beautiful. Her personality to, I feel so drawn to her. Like a perfect fit, a puzzle piece.

Anytime she smile's, I can only smile back.
When she enters the room, my stomach starts cheesing.
Her voice pulls me into a world that is her.

The word is scary almost, but I do think I almost just maybe probably most likely, love Y/n.

how are we feeling after that one and im tottaly not self projecting to write this 😂🤣😂🤣🤣anyways we're getting to the more exciting part of the book isn't that fun? yeahhh hope u guys liked this one in trying my hardest not to make it corny but it's romance so not much i can do here please tell me someone caught the tyler the creator refrence.