☆ STUDY ☆

Y/N WAS SURE HE WAS GOING TO BE THE DEATH OF HER.

"But I don't get it!"
"Vance, I just explained it to you." Y/n said as she sat across from Vance at his dinner table. Vance was struggling to understand Biology and everything it stood for.

"Okay, You know what, let's move on. We'll come back to this in a bit." Y/n said
"Good, This bull shit has me fucking starving -Vance stood up from his chair- Break time!"
"That's the 5th time today!" Y/n claimed

"Do you want a Sprite or not?" Vance asked Y/n as he opened his fridge.
He had her there, her favorite soda was sprite. Vance knew that, he knew small things about her.

She smiled as she rolled her eyes, "Yes, please."
Vance grabbed two sprites and walked back to Y/n He stood by her chair as she took the soda.
"Here, Dummy." He said.

Y/n took the soda and opened it, "Dummy? Remind me who's being tutored here again?"
Y/n took a sip of the soda while looking up at Vance. She placed the soda on the table.

He gave her a blank expression before walking behind her chair. Vance gripped the top handle of the chair and pulled it down, tipping Y/n's chair backwards. He didn't pull it down all the way, just enough to get the two front feet of her chair to hover above the floor.

"Wait! Wait!"
Vance chuckled at her freak out.
"Just kidding. Kidding! Vance!"

Vance hunched his shoulders to hover his face over Y/n's. She crossed her arm's.
"That's for trying to be a smartass." Vance smirked
"Oh, Fuck you." Y/n rolled her eyes with an amused smile.

They had straight eye to eye contact for a second. Vance's face was a little too close to hers.

"No, immediately no.", his brain thought.
"Yes, immediately yes.", his heart thought.

Vance stood straight again, moving his face away from Y/n. He let go of her chair, letting it back to the floor. Vance walked back over to his chair and sat down.

Vance hadn't just chose Y/n just to study with him, but now he had an excuse to go see her almost daily. It was for a good cause too, but it didn't change much about his grades. Vance would get distracted by Y/n often.

Something about her drew Vance to her. He felt like it was almost everything about her, or just something he couldn't tell. Her lips looked so soft, they should be appreciated more. One thing Vance knew was soft, was her skin. He loved her eyes the most, because they always seemed to be on his.

"Vance?" Y/n call out for him
"Huh?" He snapped back into reality.

"It's your lucky day. I have to go so no more studying left for today." Y/n said standing up from her chair when she finished packing up.
"What? But it's like fucking 5 o'clock?"

"Yeah, but I have to visit Ms.Showalter, remember?" She said as she swung her bag over her shoulder.
"Oh yeah, fuck. I'll see you...tomorrow?" Vance said as Y/n walked over to his chair.

She leaned in, placing a kiss on Vance's cheek.
"I'll see you tomorrow, Vance." She said before walking out the door.

Vance's mouth hung, his eye brows furrowed he was so conflicted. Was she extra friendly and she does that often? Did she see something in him? Had she done that to everyone? Does she take interest in Vance? The answer was scary, a part of him didn't even want to know.

All he wanted to do was not set himself up for failure, yet here he was. Wondering where Y/n's heart truly lied.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Y/n knew where her heart lied, that was on Vance Hopper. She knew why she gave him a chance, because she believed that if everyone made him out to be a monster, of course he'd start believing it. She saw it, the other side of Vance Hopper, and she wanted to keep with her forever. But maybe she wouldn't have that luxury.

She started walking towards Billy's house, the place she heard heart breaking news. She couldn't imagine what Billy's mom was going through, it was her own son. Billy too, was he okay? Alive? Gone? Grabbed.

Y/n made her way up the porch steps and knocked on the door. She heard some rumbling inside and then Ms.Showalter opened the door.

Her eye bags dark, her stray hairs everywhere, her face a bit puffy. She looked so tired, and Y/n couldn't help but feel bad.
"Oh..Honey, I, Uhm, Come in."
"Hi, Ms.Showalter. Thanks, I just wanted to check up on you." Y/n said as she walked inside the house.

Y/n walked inside the living room. The coffee table scattered with newspapers about Billy. Empty coffee cups that had dried up coffee on the rim of the cup.
Y/n sat down on the couch.

"How are you doing, Ms.Showalter?"
Ms.Showalter closed the door and sat next to Y/n.
"Oh sweetie, please call me Fion."

"Okay, Well, Fion, How are you?"
She could see Fiona's gaze travel to Billy's papers. He face softened but hung low.

Y/n placed her hands on top on her hands on top of Fion's, attempting to comfort her.
"Could I tell you something?"
"Yes, Honey, Go ahead."

"I know it's been a few days, but I really think we'll find him. And I know everyone tells you that, but seriously, He's a smart kid. Me and Billy always got along cause we worked at our ages, and because we were like top of our class."

Fion's gaze traveled back to Y/n.
"He's resilient. He'll know what to do. I can feel it, he's got this, Okay?"
Fion broke a smile?

A soft one, maybe a little one, but Y/n understood why.
"Thank you, Y/n. You know, he mentioned you a lot."
"He did?"

"Yes, he always talked about his classes to me everyday after school. You were brought up often because you were the one person in school who was just as smart as him."

Y/n smiled softly, but her heart ached. Billy had so much to do, to say, to complete. And yet no one knew if he would return. Y/n said she believed he would, but there was a small feeling in her stomach that he wouldn't be that lucky.

"Thank you, Fion. He loved- loves you, you are his idol. You're probably the reason why he's so smart."
"Oh my, Speaking of smart, how's class?"
"It's good. Everyone misses you though."

Fion laughed, she actually laughed. It was a weak one, but she hadn't remembered the last time she laughed.
"Well, I, uhm, I was actually going to tell you this after you and Billy went out the day he...you know. And, uhm, You guys are both really smart so I was going to ask you if you wanted to join this tutor thing."

"Tutor thing?"
"Yes, this thing we're smart kids, your age, tutor those who need help. And it's, you know, better because kids communicate with other kids better rather than adults. And you actually get extra credits from it, but those will help in high-school.

"Oh, do you have a flyer? Where can I sign up?"

Fion slid her hands away from Y/n's and reached for a paper on the coffee table. Y/n placed her hands back on her lap.

Fion showed her the paper and Y/n took it.
"It's super simple, you meet up with the kid every other weekday and you tutor them for an hour."

"I'll look into it. Thank you, Fion."
"Of course, sweetie."

They chatted a little more before Y/n left. She originally didn't have interest in tutoring. But once she stepped out Ms.Showalter's house and took a glance at the paper she saw something.

It was a list of names so the tutors could choose who they wanted to tutor. Right on the top of the list was, Vance Hopper.

btw vance wont die in this i js like to hint at something else.