☆ RUSTY ☆

VANCE STARTED FEELING INSTANT REGRET.

Vance quickly removed the jacket and put on his denim vest. He wasn't sure what to do. Vance wanted to return the jacket to Y/n, but he wasn't exactly sure how. He didn't think she was still near his house by now.
⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Y/n had already turned the block until she realized that Vance forgot to return the jacket. She figured why not, she was still pretty close to his house. Y/n turned around, heading to Vance's house.

She was fast with her steps, making sure she didn't take too long. Then, Y/n stood in front of Vance's house. Before she could turn to walk on to the porch stair steps, Bruce appeared. He was smiling like heaven has been brought down to earth.

He was riding his bike. Bruce admired the outside, looking at all the nature. Bruce made eye contact with Y/n as he rode up to her. Once he noticed it was Y/n, he stopped in his tracks.

Bruce turned his bike to the side walk to stop it. He got off the bike, still keeping his hands on the handle.

"Hey, Y/n!" He said as he moved off his bike.
"Hey, Bruce! How's that arm feeling?"

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
All of a sudden, Vance heard a voice's outside his window. He set down his bowl of chips on the coffee table and walked to the TV to turn it off. The house was silent, so he could hear the voice's. They got louder. Vance narrowed his eye brow as he walked to the window.

He could've sworn he heard Y/n, and he was right. As he opened the curtain's off his window, he saw
Y/n speaking to Bruce Yamada.

"It's holding up, -He chuckles as he hold up his arm to show Y/n the bandaged arm- really isn't all that bad."
"Ah, I knew you would pull through! Here, -She kisses her hand and then places it on Bruce's arm-, to heal faster."

Vance could feel his legs aching to move. His throat scratching to scream. But, he acted on none of it. In fact, he didn't see why he felt that way. He didn't have a crush on Y/n, nor Bruce. So why did seeing them subtly flirting make him want to fuck up Bruce's arm more?

He closed the curtains and stormed away from the window.

⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Y/n could see Bruce getting all flustered, she just laughed it off. She didn't think she could have that effect, especially on Bruce Yamada. But she didn't mind it, he was stunning. Y/n just decided to see how it would play out.

Bruce laughed with Y/n, unaware of his flushed face. He wanted to get closer to Y/n, be her friend. Not just admire her from far. So, he had an idea.

                                  ⎯ ⎯ ⎯ ⎯
Vance tried to ignore the laughing he heard outside. But he just couldn't. He couldn't shoo away Y/n from his mind. Vance got up and turned off the TV again. He stormed back to the window, opening the curtains wide open.

"Hey, do you want to maybe like...go to the arcade? Like with me and Finn! We uhm, we're going tomorrow and he invited Donna, I don't want to be a third wheel." He laughs.
Y/n giggles, "What the fuck?", Vance thinks.

"Yeah! I'd love to actually. Don't worry, I'll make sure you don't feel third wheeled." She says
That was it for Vance. He stomped towards the door, opening it.

Y/n and Bruce's heads turned as they noticed Vance walking out his house.
"Oh, Hey Vance!" Y/n smiles as she waves to Vance
He walks towards Y/n.

"Hey shitheads." He says to both of them.
"I forgot to give this to you." Vance says to Y/n as he hands her the jacket.
"Oh, Thanks man." She says to Vance, taking the jacket.
"Yeah." Vance breathes out. The tension grows, Bruce doesn't have the greatest impression of Vance. He didn't want to be around him. Especially not Y/n, Vance was unpredictable.

"Oh, ay, do you wanna go to the Arcade center with me and Bruce?" Y/n asks

Bruce gives Y/n a look, he furrows his brows and looks Y/n up and down. She doesn't notice, but Vance does. Bruce didn't want Y/n to invite Vance, and Vance knows that. And he's glad he does, because he knows exactly how to piss off Bruce.

"Yeah. Why not. I mean, gotta try out more than pinball right?"
Y/n laughs, "Yeah! See Vance Hopper is moving up in the world."
"Fuck yeah," Vance says as he playfully punches her shoulder.

She laughs again before realizing she probably had to get home again.
"Oh, we'll guys, I've got to get home soon but I'll see you around!" Y/n says
"Oh alright, See you, Y/n!" Bruce says as she turns to walk away
"I'll see you later." Vance says as she walks away

Y/n turns around and waves with a smile at both of them. She her head back, excited for tomorrow. Unlike Y/n, Bruce was not excited. He invited Y/n to have one on one time with her, cause he knew Donna and Finn would be off in another land.

But now Vance fucking Hopper would be there. He was probably scheming to steal Y/n from Bruce all day. Which, he was. Vance didn't want Y/n to turn around and date a guy like... Bruce. He seemed so plain and simple. Vance could probably show her the time of her life. Music, Places (eventually), Games, all life had to offer.

And what did Bruce have? A baseball injury? He'll pass. Bruce immediately turned to Vance once Y/n was out the block.

"I'm picking her up. This bike only holds two. So find your own ride, -Bruce looks Vance up and down- Vance." He days as he climbs back on his bike seat.
"Like I want to ride on that rusty shit."
"Asshole." Bruce muttered as he pedaled away.