00.

00.

'I can't believe they're one month old already.' Lovingly, Lizzie looked at her twins. 'Time goes so fast.' Chris joined Lizzie and he put his arm around her. With a big smile on his face, he looked at the two girls lying in their cribs. They were lying there peacefully.

'I still find it bizarre how much they look like you.' Chris smiled. 'Like me? Look at Maeve's nose. It's exactly a copy of you.' Said Lizzie. Chris chuckled. 'Look at the edges they have under their eyes. They look so much like you.' Lizzie looked at the twins and she smiled. Chris was right. They looked a lot like her.

Yesterday her mother had come over and Jarnette had brought Lizzie her photo album of baby pictures. It was very pleasant and it was nice to see how much Jane and Maeve looked like their mother. Lizzie was curious to see what they would look like later. Would they still look so much like her then? Maeve had inherited Chris's nose, though.

'Come on, let's go downstairs. We'll finally have some peace and quiet.' Said Chris looking at the twins who both had their little eyes closed. 'But don't they get cold like this? Should I get an extra blanket? Lizzie looked worriedly at the twins. 'Lizzie, they are sleeping. Come.' Chris grabbed Lizzie's hand and he squeezed it gently. 'They'll be fine.'

'You're right. I'm heartily overprotective.' Admitted Lizzie. 'And that's normal for a brand new mother but you shouldn't freak out.' Said Chris. 'You're right again.' Smiled Lizzie. 'I'm always right.' Chris chuckled. He gave Lizzie a kiss. 'I'm really very proud of you Liz. You're doing a fantastic job.' Complimented his friend. 'Thank you Chris. You really are the best daddy our girls could wish for.' She said with a big smile on her face.

'Are you serious? Asked Chris surprised by the compliment. Lizzie nodded. 'I can't believe you have to go back to work in a week. How am I ever going to manage without you?' Questioningly, she looked at him. 'Hey, don't worry. We'll be fine. We'll call every day and my mom has promised to help where needed. You can do this.'

Lizzie wasn't quite convinced of that yet. Taking care of two babies was a lot of work and especially on her own. Of course she had help from Lisa, Chris's mother but that was different from Chris helping. She already had sleepless nights let alone when Chris was away for work. She knew it was part of the job but she still found it hard now that her leave was almost up.

"Is there something Liz? Chris looked at his friend worriedly. 'I'm just a little tired.' Answered Lizzie. It wasn't a lie. The sleepless nights had really made her very tired too. 'Why don't you take a nap? Then I'll clean up downstairs and wake you up when Jane and Maeve need a bottle.' Said Chris. 'Do you mind? I'd like to help clean up too, you know.' Said Lizzie. She almost felt burdened to take a break.

'I'm offering, right? Come on Liz. Get some sleep! Chris gave her a shove. Lizzie laughed. 'Okay then. Just call me if there's anything.' She gave Chris a kiss on the cheek and she walked to their bedroom. Smiling, Chris looked her over. He was so proud of her.

From the moment he first saw Lizzie he knew she had to be the mother of his children and now that she actually was he was sure that Elizabeth Chase Olsen was his dream woman. She was sweet, caring, reliable, kind, friendly and they had a lot in common. She was perfect.

Chris walked out of the baby's room and he walked down the stairs to the bottom. There was a lot to be done. Chris grabbed the vacuum cleaner from the broom closet and he started vacuuming around the room. Chris and Lizzie did have a cleaning lady but they both felt it was important to do things around the house themselves. It was their house and therefore they felt they should take care of it themselves. Now that they had Jane and Maeve in their midst they did notice how much work it suddenly was to take care of the household. Everything was so much work. He had underestimated parenthood a bit, after all.

Chris set an alarm clock so he knew when to feed the twins. Then he got to work. First he vacuumed the room and then Chris emptied the dishwasher. He was busy so he was surprised when the alarm went off after over an hour and a half of cleaning.

Chris quickly prepared two bottles of milk and then he hurried upstairs. He hadn't heard Maeve and Jane yet which was strange because usually around this time they made it clear that it was time to eat. Chris started to walk faster. He sensed from everything that something was wrong.

He walked into the bedroom and startled, he dropped the two bottles from his hands when he saw that the cribs were empty. "No! Chris ran to the cribs and he looked around. The window was open. Chris ran to the window and looked out but there was no sign of his daughters.

'Lizzie! Yelled Chris as loud as he could. Agitated, he ran out of the bedroom and in the hallway he bumped into Lizzie. 'Whats going on?' Asked Lizzie sleepily. 'The twins. They're gone.'