05.

05.

Critically, Lizzie looked in the mirror. Wasn't this dress too fancy? Maybe she should put on another dress after all. Lizzie walked to her closet and critically looked at the dresses she had.

It was Saturday afternoon and Lizzie was in her bedroom trying on dresses. Today was the big Avengers party at Robert Downey Junior's house. She had received an invitation during the week and excitedly Lizzie had sent Robert a message that she was coming over.

There was a knock on the door. "In! Called Lizzie. The door opened and Robbie rounded the corner. 'Wow babe. You look beautiful.' He complimented her. "You think? Uncertainly Lizzie looked at him. Robbie nodded. 'Isn't it too fancy?' Doubtingly, she walked over to Robbie. 'Too fancy? This dress is perfect.' He said firmly. Lizzie smiled.

'I'm so sorry you can't come with us.' Said Lizzie. 'Hey, it's an Avengers party. Don't you like seeing all your colleagues again?' Robbie looked at her questioningly. Lizzie had to think for a moment but still she nodded. In a way, she did enjoy seeing everyone again.

'Would you maybe like to fasten my zipper?' She turned around. Robbie pushed her hair aside and he fastened the zipper of her dress. 'Thank you.' Lizzie turned around again and she gave Robbie a kiss on the cheek. 'No problem. I'll just go home.'

'Already? Disappointed, Lizzie looked at him. 'You have to leave soon and I have some errands to run.' Said Robbie. 'Will I see you tomorrow?' Questioningly Lizzie looked at her friend. 'I'll stop by tomorrow.' Robbie gave her a kiss and then he left in the direction of the store.

Lizzie was left alone. From the drawer of her nightstand she grabbed a necklace and she put the necklace on. Then she walked back to the mirror and she looked in it. She was ready to go. It was about a half hour drive to Robert's house by car. Lizzie grabbed her handbag from her bed. She had gotten that handbag for her birthday from Mary-Kate.

Lizzie left in the direction of Robert's house and after more than half an hour she drove the car into his street. The whole street was already full of parked cars. Lizzie drove on and at the corner of the street she saw a nice parking spot. Lizzie parked the car and then she got out.

She walked to Robert's house and nervously looked around. Suddenly her stomach hurt from the excitement. What if the party was disappointing and no one wanted to talk to her? Lizzie felt her heart beat faster and slowly she reached out her hand to the doorbell and pressed it.

Almost immediately the door opened and Sebastian Stan stood in the doorway. "Hey! Lizzie was glad Sebastian opened up. She gave him a hug. 'Hey Liz. Are you okay?' Asked Sebastian worriedly. He let go of her. 'Yeah. I'm just happy to see you again.' She let go of Sebastian. 'I'm also glad to see you again. Come in quickly.' Sebastian let her in.

'Do you happen to know where Robert is? I brought a little something for him. 'I have no idea where he is. There are so many people walking around here. 'How can it be so crowded. It's only for the Avengers, isn't it?' Frowned Lizzie. 'Robert also invited everyone who works behind the scenes at Marvel.' Explained Sebastian. 'Oh really? How cozy!

Lizzie followed Sebastian. She had never been to Robert's house before so she had no idea where to go. Sebastian walked into the living room which was really huge. Lizzie looked around her with admiration. This room was beautiful!

"Hey Elizabeth! Robert came running up to her. 'Hey!" they hugged each other. 'I brought you another little something.' From her handbag, Lizzie grabbed a box. Robert accepted it and he opened the box. 'Blueberries from my garden.' Said Lizzie. 'Thank you very much Lizzie. Very sweet.'

'In the kitchen you can get drinks and there are tasty snacks everywhere.' Robert told her. 'Thanks Robert. It's good to see you again.' Smiled Lizzie. 'Likewise.' Robert gave her a wink and he walked away. Lizzie was left alone and searchingly she looked around her to see if she saw a familiar face.

Lizzie walked into the garden. There were a huge number of people. Further along, Lizzie saw Paul Bettany and Jeremy Renner standing there. Lizzie walked up to her former colleagues who greeted her enthusiastically. 'How good to see you again!' Said Lizzie. The last time she had seen Paul was six months ago and her last meeting with Jeremy was over two years ago!

'Hey, I'm going to get some drinks. You guys want some? Inquiringly, Jeremy looked at Paul and Lizzie. 'I'll walk with you for a while.' Said Paul. 'Lizzie, would you like a drink?' Jeremy asked. Lizzie shook her head. 'I'll walk myself in a minute.' She said. 'Okay. We'll be right back.' Jeremy and Paul walked away and Lizzie was left alone.

Searchingly she looked around to see if she saw a familiar face and suddenly she felt a slight panic. It was incredibly crowded. Everyone seemed to be having fun and were busy talking to each other. Suddenly she felt very alone. She had better go home.

Lizzie wriggled between the people and she walked to the front door. She put her hand on the door handle and she opened the door. "Are you leaving already? Lizzie recognized that voice out of thousands. Slowly she turned around and she looked straight into Chris his eyes.