19.

19.

"I mean to say that maybe it's time for Jane and Maeve to get to know more people. We start quietly with just our parents and gradually share it out. When they go to school, they will also have to learn to deal with other people.' Chris explained his idea.

"But Jane doesn't even talk." Lizzie protested. 'Jane is very introverted. It takes time for her to break free. That will work itself out.' Chris said in a calm tone. Lizzie relaxed a bit because of the rust in his stem. How could Chris stay so calm? She is irritated to no end.

'I remember exactly why we broke up. We've never met. Just invite your parents if you know it all so well, but I think it's a stupid idea.' Lizzie angrily walked out of the kitchen. "Lizzie.." Chris followed her.

Lizzie walked upstairs and Chris was supposed to follow her, but at that exact moment Maeve stood in front of him. "What's wrong with Mom?" She looked at him with an innocent face. "Mommy's a little angry." Chris replied looking at the stairs. Lizzie was already upstairs. "Why is she angry?" Maeve asked. 'Just. Everyone gets booed sometimes. If you even play with your sister, daddy will talk to mommy.' Chris said. 'Okay.' Maeve walked away and Chris rushed upstairs.

'Lizzie?' Chris knocked on the door of her room. There was no response. "Lizzie, can I come in?" Chris asked. There was laughter. Chris puts his hand on the door handle and slowly opens the door. Lizzie sat on her bed and Chris watched her quickly wipe away some tears.

"He, are you okay?" He looked at her worriedly. 'Sure.' Lizzie replied. Chris sat down next to her on the bed and there was a long silence. 'I've known you long enough to know that it won't work. What is?' He asked. Lizzie remained silent. They wouldn't let Chris know that things weren't going well.

'Lizzie, you can tell me anything. You know that right?' Lizzie listened to his words and she could hold back no longer. She started to cry very loudly. All the emotions of the past few days came flooding out. 'Oh, Lizzie.' Chris pulled the woman against him and put his arm around her comfortingly. Lizzie leaned her head against Chris' shoulder and tears streamed down her cheeks. "It's okay Liz. Just cry.' Chris reassured her.

Lizzie sobbed and Chris gently rubbed her back with his left hand. It felt familiar to be in Chris's arms. She used to lie like this regularly. Lizzie tried to control her breathing, but she began to have more and more difficulty breathing.

Chris noticed. 'Hey Lizzie, look at me. It's me Chris.' He tried to distract her. Lizzie didn't respond. She felt palpitations and she started shaking.

"Lizzie, remember that time Scott scared me so hard and my birthday cake fell? You almost peed your pants laughing." Chris tried to distract Lizzie by reminiscing. Lizzie smiled weakly. 'And my mother kept filming. I think I still have the video somewhere on my phone.' Chris continued.

Lizzie thought back to that day. It was Chris's birthday and the whole Evans family came over for Chris's birthday. Scott, Chris's brother who is two years younger, often scared Chris. Sometimes it worked, but most of the time it didn't. That day it was a hit. Chris had walked into the kitchen and Scott had stood around the corner from the door.

What Scott didn't know was that Chris was going to get his birthday cake to show the family. Lizzie had baked an apple pie especially for him. Chris walked out of the kitchen with the cake and Scott suddenly jumped out. Chris was so shocked that he dropped the cake from his hands.

Scott had felt so guilty towards Lizzie. Lizzie had been in the kitchen all day baking that apple pie. Lizzie had told him not to feel guilty. She couldn't help but laugh at the video Lisa had made of her sons. Chris's reaction was worth gold. Lizzie had rewatched the video at least a hundred times.

A small smile came to Lizzie's face and she calmed down a bit. 'Well done.' Chris was still gently rubbing her back back and forth. 'Sorry.' Lizzie sobbed. 'Hey, don't apologize. It's not necessary.' Chris said. "Your whole shirt is now wet from my tears." Lizzie sat up and looked at Chris's wet shirt. Chris looked at it too and a smile came to his face.

"I'll grab a new shirt in a moment." He said. "I'm sorry I overreacted. Maybe you are right. I just find it scary to share the girls with more people.' Lizzie admitted. 'I get that. I think it's scary too, but we also have to share the girls with our family members. Scarlett, Rose and Cosmo also did well.' Chris said softly.

'I know. I'm sorry I snapped at you like that. I'm just tired.' Lizzie replied. 'I know that. Hopefully we will get some more peace if our parents can babysit every now and then.' Chris grabbed Lizzie's hand and squeezed it gently. 'Together we will succeed. Together.'