24.

24.

"You guys really don't mind?" Lizzie asked again just to be sure. 'No of course not! Dodger often stays here and Rose has been looking forward to the sleepover with Jane and Maeve for days.' Scarlett said. 'Happy. Thank you for doing this for us.' Thanks Lizzie. 'No problem. They are always welcome here.' Scarlett replied.

"We also brought some dog toys for Dodger." Lizzie gave Scarlett the bag of toys. "I'm sure Dodger will be happy about that." Scarlett handed the bag to Rose who immediately opened the bag to see what was inside.

It was Wednesday morning. Chris, Lizzie, Maeve and Jane were all standing in the living room with Colin and Scarlett. Chris and Lizzie went to Los Angeles for four days to move Lizzie's things. Initially the intention was for the children to come along, but on the psychologist's advice the children and Dodger will be staying with Colin and Scarlett for the next few days.

Lizzie found it very exciting. She didn't want to leave her children behind. What if they wanted to go home? She was far away and she couldn't just get to Scarlett's house in two minutes.

According to Chris, Scarlett and Colin often babysat Dodger and the children were in good hands with the couple. Colin and Scarlett of course had Rose and Cosmo themselves and they knew the girls by now. Lizzie had given Scarlett another list with information about the children. There were serious things on it but also little things like their favorite cookies.

'What beautiful dresses you are wearing.' Scarlett complimented the twins. 'Thank you.' Maeve replied. 'Thank you.' Jane echoed her sister. Scarlett smiled. "Would you like something to drink or are you leaving right away?" She looked questioningly at Chris and Lizzie. Chris looked at the clock. "We can still have a cup of coffee." He said looking at Lizzie who nodded.

"We're going to take the suitcases upstairs." Rose shouted happily. 'Hoho. Those suitcases are very heavy. Let me wear it.' Chris said. 'I'll help out for a bit. Then Rose can show you where you are going to sleep.' Colin said. He winked at Rose. 'Come with me!' Rose beckoned to the girls. Chris and Colin packed their bags and followed Rose and the twins upstairs.

It was very nice in the Jost house. Time flew by and before Lizzie knew it, it was time to go. Maeve, Jane and Rose looked disappointed to see their parents leave. "Hey, come here sweetheart. Before you know it, mom and dad are back. And we're going to call every day.' Lizzie pulled Maeve against her and gave her a hug. 'I love you mommy.'

Chris gave Jane a hug and then they switched children. Lizzie also gave Jane a big hug. 'It will be all right. If anything comes up, go to Scarlett, okay?' She looked at Jane and the toddler nodded. 'Well done. I love you sweetheart.' Lizzie gave the girl another hug and then she stood up. It was really time to go now or they would miss the plane.

They walked to the door and Jane started to cry. Lizzie wanted to walk there but Scarlett gestured for her to go. Scarlett handed Cosmo to Colin and then she walked over to Jane to comfort her. Chris and Lizzie quickly said goodbye and then they left by car for the airport.

"I hope they have a good time with Colin and Scarlett." Lizzie said. 'It's only for four days. I'm sure it will work out fine.' Chris replied. He looked ahead with concentration. It was very busy on the road. 'Why do you think? What if Maeve has nightmares again? Or Jane finds it exciting to go to sleep? We're not here.'

'Scarlett knows what to do. She is so good with children. At least we now have the chance to spend a few days together.' Chris looked over and he gave her a smile. Lizzie smiled back. She had hardly had a moment alone with Chris in the past few weeks. They only had time together when the children had gone to bed.

'What are you thinking of?' Chris asked. 'Us. You're right. We haven't had a moment together without the kids yet. At least not outside the house.' Lizzie said. 'Beats. If we hurry up with packing all the stuff, we can then do fun things. I have a few ideas.' Chris grinned. "And you're not going to share those ideas with me?" Lizzie asked. 'Nope. It is a surprise.'

"Chris, I hate surprises." Lizzie said. 'I know. That's why I enjoy surprising you so much.' Chris chuckled. 'Not nice.' Found Lizzie. Chris laughed. He loved teasing Lizzie with surprises. Lizzie was far too curious for surprises.