25.

25.

'Welcome.' Lizzie opened the door to her apartment and Chris walked in first. The apartment was not large, but it was nice and cozy. The style and furnishings of the apartment were truly typical Lizzie. Chris loved it. He plopped down on the couch enthusiastically. 'We have to take this sofa with us!' He said. Lizzie giggled. "Where do you want to put that couch?" She looked at him questioningly.

'In the attic or in the guest room.' Chris suggested. Lizzie thought. They did have the space for it and she had to admit that the couch was very comfortable. "Okay, we'll take him." She decided. 'Real?' Chris didn't expect Lizzie to agree. Lizzie nodded. 'We do indeed have plenty of space and besides, this sofa is really comfortable.'

Chris stood up and walked around the living room. 'It's a nice apartment. How long have you lived here?' He looked at her questioningly. "Ever since we broke up and Ashley kicked me out." Lizzie replied.

'Oh yeah. You lived with Ashley for a while." Chris remembered. 'Not very long. Two months at most. After two months, Ashley had enough and kicked me out. Then I moved here.' Lizzie replied. "It's a nice apartment."

'Certainly.' Lizzie walked to her bedroom with an empty box. Chris followed her. Lizzie opened her wardrobes and put all her clothes in the box. 'What can I do?' Chris asked. Lizzie thought. 'You can remove all the photo frames and paintings from the wall.' Lizzie suggested.

'Okay.' Chris walked out of the bedroom. There were quite a few picture frames and paintings in the living room, so he decided to start there. There were a lot of pictures of Lizzie and her family. There were also some photos with friends and the Marvel cast. Chris looked at all the photos with a smile on his face. In all the photos, Lizzie had a big smile on her face.

He took the picture frames off the wall and placed them on the kitchen table. He didn't know what Lizzie wanted to do with it. They were nice lists to take with you. They already had a lot of photo frames hanging in the hallway, so they could easily be added.

Chris was truly a family man and he loved having the house decorated with photos of his family. Without photos of his family, his house wasn't really a home. There were also a lot of photos of Dodger on the wall. Dodger was his first child after all.

After removing all the photo frames and paintings from the walls, Chris walked to Lizzie's bedroom. 'What's it like here?' He asked. There were a number of boxes on the bed. 'I'm almost done here. All my clothes are in those boxes." Lizzie replied. "I was hoping you would say that because I think we deserve a break."

'Is that right? We still have so much to do.' Lizzie said. 'We're going to get ice cream. I saw that there is an ice cream parlor around the corner.' Chris said firmly. "But Chris..." Lizzie wanted to contradict him but Chris interrupted her. 'We've been busy all day. We might as well take a break."

He grabbed Lizzie's hand and he took her away. The weather outside was very nice. The sun was shining and there wasn't a cloud in the sky. "It's crazy to see this side of Los Angeles. I've never been here before.' Chris said. 'I understand. It's so quiet here. It really is a very nice neighborhood.'

They arrived at the ice cream shop. 'What flavor do you want?' Chris asked Lizzie. Lizzie looked at all the ice cream types. There were so many different flavors. It was almost impossible to choose one. As usual, she was unsure between strawberry and raspberry. Those were her favorite flavors.

'If you can't choose, you can also take several scoops.' Chris said. Lizzie looked at the ice. 'Okay. I want strawberry and raspberry.' Lizzie decided. 'How surprising.' Chris chuckled. He placed the order and ordered chocolate and vanilla for himself.

Lizzie wanted to grab her wallet to pay but Chris stopped her. 'I pay.' He took his credit card from his pocket. "Chris, I can pay for my ice cream myself." Lizzie protested. Chris shook his head. "I wanted a break so I'm treating you." Chris paid and then he gave Lizzie her ice cream. Lizzie took a lick of her ice cream.

"Do you want to go for a walk or do you want to sit at a table here somewhere?" Chris asked. 'We can go to the little park further down here.' Lizzie suggested. 'Sounds good.' Chris replied. They walked together towards the park and reminisced.

Finally they collapsed on a bench. 'Is your ice cream tasty?' Chris asked. Lizzie nodded. 'Can I taste?' Chris looked at her questioningly. 'Sure.' Lizzie held her ice cream in front of Chris and Chris took a lick of the ice cream. "I should have gone for strawberry too." He concluded after taking a lick. Lizzie laughed. 'Actually yes. Strawberry is so much better than vanilla."

'Opinions are divided on that.' Chris said. 'Wow what? Are you saying that you like vanilla better than strawberry?' Lizzie looked at him in surprise. 'You can taste it.' Chris held his ice cream for Lizzie. Lizzie wanted to take a bite but at that exact moment Chris pushed the ice cream against her nose. "Chris!" Lizzie shouted indignantly and Chris started laughing very loudly.

After they had finished laughing, Lizzie ate her ice cream. When she looked up she saw Chris staring at her. He was probably thinking of something that made him stare into space, but it still made her feel uncomfortable.

"Chris?" She tapped him and Chris snapped out of his thoughts. "Hey, what?" He looked at her questioningly. "What were you thinking?" Lizzie asked. "Oh nothing special." He turned red. 'Say. Don't be so lame.'

'I was thinking about you.' Well known Chris. 'Me?' Lizzie started to feel warm. "I love you so much Lizzie." Chris leaned forward and pressed his lips to Lizzie's. Lizzie felt a bomb of butterflies explode in her stomach. Chris's lips felt so familiar.

'Lizzie?'

Chris and Lizzie were shocked and quickly let go of each other. Lizzie looked up and she looked straight into Robbie's eyes.