12.

12.

It was Wednesday morning and Chris was sitting with Lizzie in a small room at the police station. They had a meeting with Detective Tyler Lewis today. He was going over the case and wanted to go over some things with Chris and Lizzie.

"Good morning, how nice that you could come. He shook hands with both Chris and Lizzie. 'No problem. We're just glad we could come so quickly.' Replied Chris. The detective sat down. 'How are you guys?' He began the conversation.

'Good. It's been crazy days but we're fine.' Answered Lizzie. She looked at Chris who nodded. 'Are you guys really bothered by the media? You guys are world news at the moment.' Said Tyler. 'Personally, I'm not much concerned with it but of course I get it but I'm mostly glad I'm going to see my daughters again after such a long time.'

'I understand that. What about you Mrs. Olsen? Tyler Lewis looked at Lizzie. 'Yes, actually kind of the same as Chris. Of course there's a lot of media attention but that makes sense. I'm trying to ignore it and focus on the arrival of my children' Lizzie replied. 'Understandable. Are you guys looking forward to seeing them again?'

'We are very much looking forward to it.' Answered Chris with a big smile on his face. 'Tomorrow you will be able to hold them in your arms. We have arranged for a private plane to fly them from London to New York. They will arrive at 10:30 in the morning.'

"Were they in England all this time? Chris asked. 'That's hard to say. It's very difficult to find out exactly what happened over the past four years. It is clear, though, that they stayed in England for a while.' Narrated the detective.

'With whom? With the kidnapper? Asked Lizzie. 'We have arrested a suspect but unfortunately I can't tell you anything about this yet.' Replied Tyler. 'Do you have any more information about our daughters, though? Whether they are healthy? How they are doing? What do they look like? Chris had a lot of questions. Tyler smiled. 'Do you guys want to see some pictures?'

Chris and Lizzie nodded immediately. Tyler grabbed his bag and from his bag he took out two pictures. He handed the pictures to Chris and Lizzie. 'Wow. They look a lot like you Liz.' Said Chris immediately. Lizzie looked at the picture she held in her hand with a big smile on her face. Her little babies weren't babies anymore. They were toddlers.

Maeve and Jane looked exactly alike. "Who's who? Lizzie asked. She looked at Chris. He shrugged. 'In both pictures, Jane is on the right.' Replied Tyler. Lizzie looked at the picture Chris was holding in his hands. 'They're so cute.'

The rest of the conversation went well. They talked mostly about many business things and they made arrangements for tomorrow. The twins had been through a lot so everything had to go peacefully tomorrow. The police did not know exactly what had happened to them over the past few years but it was clear that the girls had been short of attention and love. According to Tyler, the twins were incredibly shy and barely talked. It was Chris and Lizzie's job to go take care of the girls and give them that home they had always envisioned.

After the conversation with the detectives, Chris and Lizzie left in the direction of Chris' house. Chris had asked if Scarlett wanted to run errands for them since the two of them were in the spotlight quite a bit at the moment. Lizzie didn't like the idea of sending Chris to the supermarket and secretly Chris was glad he didn't have to go either.

'What shall we do all afternoon? Have an old-fashioned movie day? Questioningly, Chris looked at her. 'A movie day? Chris, we don't have time for that at all! Maeve and Jane are coming tomorrow and we have so much to do!' Said Lizzie. 'Like what?'

'Cleaning their room, changing beds, cleaning up the house, when Scarlett is here with the groceries cleaning up the groceries. We have so much to do!' Lizzie was already panicking at the idea of how much they still had to do.

'Ho Lizzie relax! Everything is going to be fine. We still have a whole afternoon and evening left.' Chris tried to reassure her. 'Everything has to be perfect. You heard Tyler Lewis. They've been through a lot and they're bound to be terrified. By having a good foundation we're just making it easier for them.' Rattled Lizzie. Chris grabbed Lizzie's arm. 'Lizzie, it's going to be okay.'

Chris's voice seemed to reassure her as Lizzie relaxed again. 'Shall we go clean the nursery first?' Chris asked when he saw that Lizzie was calmer. 'Good idea.' Replied Lizzie. Chris took out the vacuum cleaner and Lizzie grabbed clean bedding.

The two of them cleaned up the nursery and not much later Scarlett arrived with the groceries. Chris and Scarlett cleaned up the groceries together and Lizzie now took care of Dodger. The dog needed to go outside for a walk.

It wasn't until after six that everything was in order and Chris and Lizzie dropped exhausted onto the couch. Scarlett had gone home. Colin had cooked dinner and she didn't want to leave him alone with the children.

"Shall we watch a movie? Suggested Chris. 'You're persistent hehe.' Chuckled Lizzie. 'Oh come on. You get to pick the movie.' Tried Chris to persuade her. Lizzie thought about it. She used to have daily movie nights with Chris. Nine times out of ten they watched a Disney movie.

'Okay, we'll watch The Little Mermaid.' Decided Lizzie. 'Yes! Chris grabbed the remote and he turned on the television. This was what he had been waiting for all day.