27.

27.

The days that followed passed very slowly. Even though Chris and Lizzie had settled everything, a certain atmosphere remained in the apartment. This was mainly due to Lizzie feeling extremely guilty towards Chris and Robbie. She had called Robbie at least five times but he didn't answer. She agreed with him, but she still felt bad.

Lizzie was happy when she saw her children again. She had missed Maeve and Jane so much. According to Scarlett, everything went very well. The girls had been very sweet. Lizzie was happy to hear that. She had a hard time with the fact that they had to sleep there for two nights because she was afraid that things would not go well. To her great relief, it wasn't too bad and the twins did better than expected.

Things also went better between Chris and Lizzie. They had had a long conversation and now they understood each other much better. They discussed all their thoughts and emotions and they were ready for a new start. They slowly resumed their relationship, although they took it a lot slower now. Trust in each other had to be restored.

Today was Monday and today Maeve and Jane had their very first day of school. Chris and Lizzie bought a school bag, lunch box and drinking cup with the girls this weekend. Maeve wanted everything in a Frozen theme and Jane chose princesses. The twins couldn't wait to go to school. They were really looking forward to it.

Chris and Lizzie had deliberately chosen a small school. Nowadays all kindergarten classes were packed, but the couple didn't want that. They wanted a small class so that the girls could get used to it in peace. They had been through so much in two months.

"Chris, did you brush their teeth?" Lizzie came down the stairs. Chris, Maeve and Jane stood in the hallway. "Yes, and I filled their lunch boxes with food for lunch." Chris said. 'Top. Then I think it's time to go to school.' Lizzie looked proudly at her daughters. They were both wearing the same outfit and they looked super cute.

'Stand next to each other and I'll take a photo.' Lizzie said. The girls stood next to each other. Lizzie picked up her phone. 'Cheese!' They smiled into the camera. Lizzie quickly took some pictures. 'Yes! Time to go.' Lizzie said. She had agreed with Chris that she would take the children to school.

 She had agreed with Chris that she would take the children to school

'Have fun, sweeties. Are you going to listen carefully to the teacher?' Chris asked. Maeve and Jane nodded. 'Well done. Do I get another hug?' Chris opened his arms and the twins hugged him. "I'll pick you up this afternoon." He promised the girls. Dodger walked into the hallway. Jane stayed where she was but Maeve walked over to the dog and gave him a hug. "Hello Dodger."

"Come on darlings, we really have to go now." Lizzie said. 'Have fun, darlings.' Chris gave his daughters one last kiss. Lizzie opened the front door and they left in the car for school. Chris looked after his daughters. He couldn't believe they were going to school for the first time.

After Lizzie took the children to school, she drove to a nice coffee shop nearby where she had met Ashley. After all the fuss with Chris, she needed to vent to someone and she knew the best place to do it was with Ashley.

Meanwhile, Chris had sat down in his office and started up his laptop. He was looking for a suitable film to audition for. He missed acting and now that the twins were fairly used to it, he could see if something nice came along that appealed to him. He had already discussed it with Lizzie and she also thought it was possible. Lizzie didn't have any upcoming films or series at the moment so she could take care of the twins when Chris had to be away for filming. They had already discussed this before the twins were born. It's difficult that they are both actors. That made family life a lot more difficult.

Chris was very busy and before he knew it his alarm went off. He had to pick up the children from school. He shut down the laptop and walked downstairs. Lizzie wasn't home yet. Chris grabbed his car keys from the table and took the car to school.

When Chris arrived at the school, more parents were already waiting for their children. Chris stood at the gate and curiously looked around the schoolyard. The bell rang and the children came out. Chris looked at the group of children walking out and quickly recognized Maeve and Jane. They walked hand in hand and looked around searching. Chris waved. Maeve saw Chris first. She let go of Jane and she ran to Chris. Chris crouched and Maeve ran into his arms. Jane soon followed.

'Hi darlings. How was school?' He asked. 'Awesome. We went outside to play in the sandbox.' Maeve said enthusiastically. 'And I was allowed to sit next to the teacher.' Jane said. 'How nice. I'm glad you had so much fun.' Chris stood up straight again and the teacher walked over.

She introduced herself as Mrs. Shephard and told Chris how the day went. She was very proud of Maeve and Jane and looked forward to seeing them again tomorrow. Chris ended the conversation with a good feeling and left with the twins back home.

In the car, Chris put on music and the three of them sang along loudly. Chris could get used to these car rides. The atmosphere was good and before Chris knew it they were in the driveway. Chris turned off the engine. 'We are home.'

He got out of the car and then he let the children out. 'Mom!' Chris looked over and saw Lizzie standing in the doorway. Jane ran over and Maeve followed her. Smiling, he closed the car door and watched the girls greet their mother.