10.

10.

'I didn't know at all that you were planning to pick me up.' Said Lizzie surprised. 'Of course I'll come pick you up. We'd better hurry before the paparazzi see us. My phone keeps ringing since the news came out.' Said Chris. 'Mine too. On the plane at least twenty people spoke to me.' Answered Lizzie. 'Come, I'll take this suitcase.' Chris picked up one of Lizzie's suitcases and they walked toward the car.

'I still need to book a hotel, though. With all the stress, I completely forgot.' Said Lizzie. 'You don't have to. You can stay with me if you want.' Said Chris. 'Are you sure? I don't want to be a burden to you.' Answered Lizzie doubtfully. 'You won't be a burden to me and besides, we have a lot to discuss. It's much easier if you stay with me.'

'Okay. If you really don't mind I would love it.' Said Lizzie. 'No worries. I have plenty of rooms and you're more than welcome.' Smiled Chris. Gratefully, Lizzie looked at him.

Suddenly a lot of noise sounded. Lizzie looked aside and she saw dozens of reporters with cameras coming towards her and Chris. "Come with me. Chris grabbed Lizzie's wrist and he dragged her along. Lizzie was completely overwhelmed by the dozens of people and she let herself be carried away by Chris.

'Chris and Elizabeth, are you together again?'

'Where are the twins?'

'How are you guys feeling right now?'

All sorts of questions were hurled at their heads but Lizzie and Chris didn't answer anything. They hurried to the car and like a bunch of hyenas the journalists followed. Chris put Lizzie's bags in the trunk and then he sat down behind the wheel. Lizzie sat in the passenger seat and they left for Chris's house.

It was a quiet drive to Chris's house. Chris and Lizzie both didn't know what to say. Lizzie stared out the window and she thought about the situation. It was crazy to be in the car with Chris but it was even crazier that she was going to see her daughters again after four years. How would they look? Would they even like her? Questions were all running through her head and she was driving herself crazy. Lizzie looked sideways at Chris. He was focused on the road but she was almost certain he was thinking about the same things.

After almost half an hour of driving, they arrived at Chris's house. It was a nice, big house. Chris parked his car in the driveway and they got out. Chris walked to the trunk and he took out Lizzie's suitcases. "Thank you. Lizzie grabbed her suitcases and she lugged them toward the front door.

'I'll stop by, though.' Chris caught up with her and he put the key in the keyhole. He turned to the right and the door opened. 'Welcome to my house!" said Chris proudly. 'Please go ahead.' Invitingly, he took a step back so Lizzie could enter first. Lizzie stepped into the house and immediately she noticed that the house looked very well cared for.

She walked into the living room and immediately Dodger came running up. "Hey Dodger. Lizzie knelt down by the dog. 'Good to see you again boy.' Dodger jumped back and forth like crazy. 'He doesn't know what to do for joy.' Chuckled Chris. 'That he still recognizes me. It's been so long since I last saw him.'

'He's always been fond of you. Honestly, I'm not surprised he reacts that way.' Said Chris with a smile on his face. Dodger gave Lizzie a lick across her face and she giggled. 'I missed you too Dodger you know.' She petted the dog.

'Shall I give you a tour of the house?' Questioningly, Chris looked at her. 'First we need to discuss what to do with Jane and Maeve. The day after tomorrow they will arrive at the airport here in New York and we haven't discussed anything yet. Where are they going to live? With whom? Where? Lizzie listed all her worries and Chris gestured for her to relax. Lizzie got to her feet. 'Come upstairs with me.' Chris beckoned her and curiously she followed Chris upstairs.

They walked up the stairs and they arrived at the second floor. Chris walked down the hallway and he stopped in front of a door. "Go ahead and take a look. Said Chris. Lizzie looked at Chris who gave her an encouraging nod. She put her hand down on the door handle and gently opened the door.