11.

11.

Slowly the door opened and to Lizzie's great surprise it was a children's room. Lizzie walked into the room and it immediately gave her a warm feeling. She looked around the room. The wallpaper was pale pink and the wallpaper had unicorns all over it. There was also a small table with two chairs, a rug, two beds, a closet and a large toy chest. Also hanging on the wall were some picture frames that contained a picture of Jane and Maeve from when they were just born.

"Chris, this room is beautiful. Lizzie whispered softly. 'When I moved in I made this room in the hope that it would be used someday.' Confessed Chris. Lizzie looked at Chris and she saw that he had tears in his eyes.

She walked over to him and she wiped away his tears. 'You'll see them again the day after tomorrow.' She said. Chris nodded. 'But what do we do then? Do they stay here in New York or do you take them to Los Angeles? I don't want to lose my kids again.' With tearful eyes, he looked at her.

Lizzie played with her fingers and she looked around the room. Chris had tried so hard. She couldn't take Maeve and Jane with the idea of Chris being left here alone. 'Maybe we should all move in here. Just temporarily. She quickly added. 'Do you want that?' Chris asked. He hadn't expected Lizzie to want to move in with him.

'We have to think of our children. They need us. We make the situation easier for all of us if we live in the same house. We don't know what all they have been through so we don't know what state they are in either. Two houses is too confusing.' Felt Lizzie. Chris nodded. 'You have a point there. Would you like to see your room?

'Gladly.' Answered Lizzie. They walked to the room next door. Chris opened the door. 'This is the guest room. There's a bathroom attached to it. That one is for you alone. I hope you like it. I'll get another clean quilt in a moment.'

'Chris, it's a beautiful room!' Said Lizzie. She walked to the window and she looked out. From here she had a view of the garden. 'Are you sure? You'll have to make do with this room for the next while.' Said Chris. 'It's perfect. Thanks. Gratefully she looked at him.

'No problem. Shall I show you the rest of the house? Questioningly, he looked at her. 'Yes, that's fine. It does come in handy to know your way around this giant house.' Answered Lizzie. Chris chuckled. 'Ko along then I'll show you everything!'

Chris gave Lizzie a tour. He showed her all the rooms and after a good twenty minutes they were done with the tour. They had sat down at the kitchen table and Lizzie grabbed a notepad. On the notepad she wrote what they still needed to buy.

'I think we have everything like this.' Satisfied, Lizzie looked at the notepad. "Can I take a look? Chris asked. Lizzie handed him the notepad. Chris looked at the list. 'I'm going shopping tomorrow.'

'Tomorrow we are also expected at the police station hey.' Helped Lizzie remind him. 'What time?' Chris asked. 'At eleven o'clock I thought.' Answered Lizzie. 'Then I'll go to the supermarket after the call.' Decided Chris. 'Yeah yeah that will be fine. First let's see what they have to say at the police station.' Said Lizzie. Chris nodded. 'You're right. I'm curious to see what they have to say.'

Lizzie yawned and she looked at the clock. She saw that it had already been 9:30. 'Do you mind if I go to bed? I'm beat.' Said Lizzie. 'No of course not. Just go to sleep.' Said Chris. 'Are you sure?' Asked Lizzie just to be sure. Chris nodded. 'I'm going to take Dodger for a quick walk and then I'm going to bed, too.' Said he. 'Okay. Good night. Lizzie got up from the table. 'Good night.' Replied Chris. Lizzie stroked Dodger's head and then she left the kitchen. With a big smile on his face, Chris looked after her.

Lizzie walked to the guest room. She smiled when she saw that Chris had already brought her bags upstairs. She closed the door behind her and she closed the curtains. Normally she never went to bed this early but she was so tired from all the excitement and experiences today.

Lizzie sat down on her bed and she grabbed her phone. She had already received three calls today from Robbie. Robbie! Lizzie was startled. She had completely forgotten about him. Was she supposed to call him? But what was she supposed to say? Lizzie turned off her phone and she walked into the bathroom to take a cold shower. She'll call Robbie tomorrow.