03.

03.

'You have no idea how good it feels to see you again! Long trip had you?' Robbie gave Lizzie two kisses on her cheek. 'No not really. I slept for a few hours on the plane so before I knew it we had landed.' Told Lizzie. 'Thank goodness for that. I missed you so much.' Said Robbie. Lizzie blushed. 'I missed you too.' She admitted.

It was Tuesday morning. Robbie and Lizzie had arranged to meet early at Robbie's house to spend the day together today. Last night Lizzie had arrived in Los Angeles and right after that she had called Robbie to see if he could meet today. On the plane, after her nap, she had done a lot of thinking and she had come to the conclusion that Ashley was right.

'What do you want to do today? It's your day. Said Robbie. 'My day? Lizzie giggled. 'You get to decide what we're going to do today.' Said Robbie. Lizzie thought about it. 'We can go for a walk later?' She suggested. 'Hike, check.' Answered Robbie. 'And maybe have lunch somewhere?' Questioningly, she looked at Robbie. 'Sounds like a good plan.' Nodded Robbie.

'Yeah? If you don't like it you just have to say so honestly.' Said Lizzie quickly. She didn't want to force him into anything. 'I think it's a great idea but I'm going to change clothes. I can't go out on the street in these clothes.' Said Robbie. Lizzie looked at his clothes and she saw that Robbie still had his sportswear on. 'That's not too bad, is it?' She chuckled.

'I'm going to change anyway. You can turn on the television, though. I'll be right back' said Robbie. He walked out of the room. Lizzie sat down on the couch and she grabbed the remote. She turned on the television and she saw the news was on. Lizzie put the remote back down on the couch and she looked at the television.

'Another call from Chris Evans.' Sounded the presenter's voice. Lizzie frowned. 'A call? She sat down on the edge of the sofa and she looked at the television.

'The parents of Jane and Maeve Evans, the babies who suddenly disappeared from their bedroom four years ago are still hoping to get answers about where their twins went. Chris Evans has posted an appeal to look out for the twins and should you have a tip inform the police.'

'The disappearance of Jane and Maeve led to a massive international campaign to find the children. Photographs of the babies went around the world. After a ten-month investigation, during which even the parents were suspected for a time, U.S. police closed the case in 2019.'

'Yet it seems that Chris Evans has not closed the case. The famous actor is again asking the media and police to pay attention to the case and to look out for the children who could be four by now. From Elizabeth Olsen, the mother of the twins we have not heard anything. After her break-up with Evans, she is focusing entirely on her career as an actress.'

The television went off and startled Lizzie turned around. Robbie was standing behind her with the remote in his hand. 'Sorry.' He muttered. Lizzie had tears in her eyes. 'No, it's okay.' She wiped the tears away from her eyes. 'Lizzie.' Robbie sat down next to her on the couch. 'It's okay to say you're not okay. It's not nothing all that's happened.'

With tearful eyes Lizzie looked at him and before she knew it she dropped into his arms and she began to cry. Comfortingly Robbie rubbed her back and he tried to calm her down. 'Sorry.' Sobbed Lizzie. 'Shh quietly. It doesn't matter. You must miss them.'

'Every day. The same nightmare. I miss them so much.' Admitted Lizzie. 'I can imagine that, but who knows, maybe tips will come in through this call.' Answered Robbie. 'Probably not. There's no way they'll suddenly be found after four years. Maybe they're already dead.' Lizzie spoke the words but deep down she knew her children were still alive. Maybe it was her motherly instinct but it could also be her tiny glimmer of hope.

'I also didn't know at all that Chris had placed a call.' Said Lizzie softly. 'Neither did I. He must miss them as much as you do.' Replied Robbie. Lizzie nodded. 'I'm sure he does. He was such a sweet father. He always gave them a bottle and when they cried he walked them around until they fell asleep.' As she talked about Chris she felt guilty towards Robbie. He was here with her and all she did was talk about her ex. I'm sure that wasn't nice for Robbie to hear.

'Sorry. Let's go. Lizzie got up from the couch. 'Hey Lizzie, wait. We can talk about it if you want.' Robbie jumped up. Lizzie shook her head. 'There's nothing to discuss. Come on, let's go for a walk.' Lizzie walked to the hallway and silently Robbie followed her.