FIVE

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝗳𝗶𝘃𝗲 |

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲

𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗶'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
i abhorred weekends.

why? because it meant i had to spend more time at home.

so the easy solution was, don't spend more time at home.

so there i stood, in front of his front door, rethinking my entire viability. i knew i was going to regret ever existing. my hand slowly brought itself to the door bell, gently pressing it with my knuckle.

...

"peppermint?!"

bakugou looked perplexed as ever. "how- wh- why- wha- how in tHE HELL DO YOU KNOW WHERE I LIV- MPH!" i forced a hand over his mouth, pushing him back inside of the house and slamming the door shut behind me.

"bakugou, your neighbours are sleeping." bakugou whacked my hand away, crossing his arms over his chest. "what the hell are you doing in my house at six in the morning, halfie!"

"uhm.." i shuffled nervously. "you forgot your board the other day." i presented his skateboard, which i had carefully wrapped in bubble wrap a few hours prior.

"oh," he snatched it from my hands, chucking it into the garage which was right next to where i stood. "thanks.. i guess." i scratched the back of my neck. this whole situation was awkward. i wanted to crawl under a rock and die.

"well, if that's all you need then y-" "can i spend the day with you?!" i blurted out, immediately regretting it once i saw his face twist into scepticism.

"wha- with me?!" he spluttered. i nodded gingerly, looking at everything other than him. "i just.." i sighed. "i don't particularly want to spend the day at home. and i have no where else to go, so.." bakugou rolled his eyes, turning the lock on the front door.

"unless you wan't to slip and fall on your ass like the dumbass you are, take off your shoes.. and your socks. the floor is slippery."

i smiled, watching him retreat down the hall. i slipped out of my trainers, tucking my socks into the soles. i followed the blonde's directions, leaving my backpack by the door.

bakugou was right. the flooring was nothing like i had ever seen. the house had a very japanese feel to it, but the mezzanine wasn't made of tatami mats. instead, some sort of glossed over quercitron oak.

bakugou's home in general, was dainty and orderly. it was relatively small, yet cosy. the walls were painted an olive green with white accents, and the ceilings had intricate carvings into the wood.

but what made me frown, was the lack of photos. i couldn't spot a single image of bakugou and his parents. even i, had family photos on my walls. it was a little depressing in my opinion.

i followed down the hall bakugou had retreated through, finding myself in a modern-day traditional dining room.

the flooring changed to a soft, creme carpet. the table was painted olive green with stubby legs, soft brown cushions surrounding it. on the wall hung a canvas of the great wave off kanagawathe, plant pots held up by chains hanging in the corners. the checkered shoji doors were slightly slid open, exposing a petite sized chaniwa garden.

i caught the subtle whiff of something bitter, leading me to enter another room connected to the lounge. bakugou was leant against the kitchen counter, humming along to the subtle sound of indie band music emitting from the dark green speaker situated above the sink.