NINE

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲 |

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲

𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
"bakugou," shouto complained quietly, reluctantly being pulled along by katsuki. "we've been walking interminably. my feet hurt." "since when are you one to whine?" katsuki scoffed, gripping shouto's hand tighter in his own to drag him.

"my legs are going to diminish." shouto commented dramatically, kicking the pebbles under his feet. "oh don't be such a baby. we're almost there." "you know, when you pronounce 'almost there' it presumably denotes another hour. we've been walking for forty five minutes. i don't want to anymo.." shouto found himself trailing off, finally spotting something other than grass, sunflowers and trees come into view.

it was a beach. a cove, to be more specific.

it was rather small, the length of the coastline being only thirty metres wide. the sun was just hovering over the horizon, printing a blurry copy of itself onto the crystalline-like salt water. the petite waves crashed gently against the wet sand, the occasional shell and whatnot washing up onto the shoreside.

covering the entrance and the back of the beach, was an inordinate boulder made of hazel stone. it arched perfectly over the right corner of the shore, proffering shade from the blazing sun. not a single cloud could be seen in the cerulean skies, the only decorative objects in the waters consisting of small spikes of stone.

it looked like a scene pulled right from a disney movie.

"again.. how do you know about this?"

katsuki walked up to shouto with a smirk. "that's for me to know, and for you to find out." he said as he walked past him. shouto paused for a moment with a small smile before jogging to catch up with the blonde.

he watched katsuki undo the laces of his converse, throwing them aside before walking closer to the water with rolled up pant sleeves. shouto copied his actions, joining the blonde as they let the cool water wash over their feet.

shouto's lips began to curl up into a devious smile as he looked down at the blonde's legs. "hey bakugou." katsuki hummed.

but before he could turn around, he felt his legs lose balance as he fell straight into the shallow water with a splash. "what the fuck!"

shouto snickered to himself, staring down at the blonde with his mouth covered. "that's payback for earl- ACK!"

then it was katsuki's turn to snigger, smile soon fading once he saw shouto lunge himself at him, inevitably tackling him into the water. "you little shit!" katsuki coughed, pushing him off of him.

shouto yelped as his whole body was consumed in the cold salt-water. he stood up and sprinted towards the recovering blonde, dragging him into the water with him by his arm.

the two of them laughed as they sent splashes and tackles at one another, coughing and heaving at the water they had inhaled in the process.

;

"ugh. i'm never going swimming ever again!" katsuki groaned, flopping into the sand on his back. shouto joined him soon enough, letting out a grunt as he dropped to the ground next to him.

"you almost drowned me. you can't talk." shouto mumbled in between harsh breaths, earning a shove from the dripping blonde. "drowned is such a harsh word. i prefer, a little nudge."