EIGHTEEN

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 |

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗽𝗵𝘆𝘀𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 / 𝘃𝗲𝗿𝗯𝗮𝗹 𝗮𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗲, 𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 𝗼𝗳 𝘀𝗲𝗹𝗳 𝗵𝗮𝗿𝗺, 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲

𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗶'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
my vision was hazy. my body was shaking. my mind was blank. but i took it. hit by hit. insult by insult. it was almost like i was used to these kind of conditions. that couldn't be right. used to it..?

"-d please!" fuyumi begged, tears rolling down her face as she pulled him away from me. "this has nothing to do with you, fuyumi!" father snapped, turning around to slap her across her face. "know your place!"

"leave her alone you bastard!" i yelled, scrambling up to punch him square in the face. he reached up to hold his now dislocated nose, eyes blown wide with shock. "what did you just say..?" he growled, wiping the blood from his nose. "out! now!" he pointed towards the front door.

i complied, gripping my side as i limped towards the door. i kicked it open, slipping my cracked phone into my back pocket. i shot one last glance at him and my sister, mouthing an apology to her before slamming the door closed behind me.

i contemplated. i really did. but sitting on the doorstep whilst bleeding out really wasn't going to help me. so i called the only person i could think of.

...

"peppermint?"

"katsuki.. i-" i whispered, before coughing up blood onto my jeans.

"shit.." he mumbled, placing down something that sounded like metal. "where are you."

;

"you did better this time." he sighed, throwing the used needle and left over sulture in the bin underneath his desk before washing his bloodied hands in the sink. "yeah. i'd say so too." i mumbled, the stinging pain in my side slowly but surely alleviating.

i peered over at the blonde who was putting his medical equipment, taking one glance at his arms before bluntly asking. "why'd you do that?"

he froze up, silently closing the bathroom cabinet behind him. he took a seat next to me, helping me slip under the covers. "sometimes.." he began, reaching for his bedside lamp. "doing this is the only way i can cope." he shot me a small smile.

"and right now," he leant down and kissed my forehead. "you need sleep." i blushed heavily, the darkness of the room making it less apparent.

he stood up and made an effort to quietly shuffle around the room, which i must admit, he was successful at, folding clothes and putting them back in his wardrobe. i rolled from my back onto my side, watching him with half-lidded eyes.

he walked into the bathroom, switching on the light as he went. he didn't bother closing the door, sitting himself down on the floor as he applied rubbing alcohol to his cuts. he seemed unfazed, not even wincing or hissing at the sting.

he was done moments later after wrapping fresh bandages around himself, pulling himself up and off of the floor before switching the light off again.

he quietly walked through the room, pulling out a notebook from his bookshelf. he lit a few candles, seeing as he couldn't properly locate anything in the dark, sitting himself down at his desk.

he hunched himself over what looked like a sewing machine, letting out a little sneeze as he pulled fabric and wool out of his desk drawers. i watched him reach for a pair of rectangular glasses, sitting them on the bridge of his nose.

i simply stared at his back, the gentle clicking noise of his sewing machine and the distant sound of pencil scratching against paper filling the room.

he looked so.. calm. it was comforting, in a way. i watched him for god knows how long, admiring the way a piece of clothing slowly came to be.

but.. i couldn't sleep.

"katsuki..?" i called softly, seeing him swivel around to look at me. his eyes looked tired, bloodshot, too. he hummed, pushing his glasses up his nose.

"can you.. sleep with me?" he snickered, turning around to unplug his sewing machine and close his notebook, blowing out all the candles before walking towards me. "sleep with you?~" he teased, watching me move over towards the wall to make space for him.

i gently hit his arm. "shut up. you know what i mean." "yeah yeah." he sighed, folding his glasses and placing them on his bedside table. he slipped under the covers, reaching his arm out to let me use it as a pillow.

"c'mere." he mumbled, yawning mid-sentence. i complied, shuffling closer to him before placing a hand on his chest. "this 'kay?" he whispered, rubbing his eyes with his free hand. "mhm." i sighed, digging my head into the crook of his neck.

it was awkward at first. i wasn't completely comfortable and he was often shifting, but we eventually eased into each other's touch, the tiredness of our eventful day overpowering our will to enjoy the moment.

i felt his other hand slowly creep down and snake around my waist, pulling me closer to him until one of my legs was crossing over his.

he felt warm, and comfortable. his breathing was steady, and his chest would rise for every breath. i placed my head on his chest, listening to his steady heart beat. and before i could register what was happening, it was already lulling me to sleep.

...

"night, peppermint."