ELEVEN

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝗲𝗹𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 |

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝘃𝗶𝗼𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲, 𝘀𝘂𝗯𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗯𝘂𝘀𝗲, 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲

𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
katsuki bakugou was notoriously known as the school's tyrant and persecutor. feared by all students, and given more respect than the teachers received.

that was something shouto todoroki never managed to notice. always keeping to himself, focusing on no one but himself throughout the majority of the day.

but today was different.

he felt alert. ever since he had woken up that morning. he felt vigilant of his surroundings. something he had never before. his walk to school was spent constantly peering around, and so was his walk across campus.

so when he entered the lesson building, he was shocked by all the things he had never noticed before. how noisy the building was. how many students were causing unnecessary havoc. how teachers were writing detentions left and right.

how had he never noticed this?

how had he just gone on with his day without seeing this?

was he really that ignorant of his surroundings?

and when he was making his way to class, the fact that there was suddenly a large group of students surrounding a corner of the hallway wasn't gone unnoticed by him.

and he was intrigued, to say the least. the majority of the crowd had their phones out, recording whatever was going on. but he was too short to see what, or who. he pushed through the crowds, his curiosity getting the better of him.

he mumbled apologies and excuses every time he squeezed through small gaps, finally making it towards the front.

and he was absolutely shocked by the unfolding scene before him.

he first-handedly witnessed his friend, the boy who's arms he had cried into not even twelve hours ago, pin a student to the wall with his hand wrapped around his neck.

he looked provoked and triggered. veins bulging in his neck as he taunted his victim with a cocky snarl. the blonde himself had a few scratches on his face, but katsuki had done a number on his classmate. the beaten boy had a black eye, a dislocated nose and a busted lip.

shouto was bewildered. this wasn't the katsuki bakugou he knew. the katsuki bakugou he knew was aloof and blunt, yet caring in his own nature. who was he? how had he never seen this before?

and suddenly, surfacing through all the strong feelings and the charisma the heterochromatic boy had for the blonde, was fear. was that the reason why he had so many injuries every time he saw him? was he the cause of that? not his mother? would he do something like that to him if he angered him?

katsuki spat insults and threats left and right at the practically unconscious student, about to order the crowd around him to get lost. but.. that was when he noticed shouto todoroki stood at the front, stood frozen with a slightly agape mouth.

katsuki's mouth ran dry. there was still half an hour until class begun. shouto usually showed up only ten minutes before homeroom. why the fuck was he here already?

the blonde grunted and let go of the boy's neck, his victim coughing and spluttering as hot tears ran down his face. katsuki glanced at shouto one last time before forcefully shoving the wave of students out of his way, flipping off the cameras that followed.