TWENTY

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 |

𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴: 𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗲 𝗹𝗮𝗻𝗴𝘂𝗮𝗴𝗲

𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘁𝗼 𝘁𝗼𝗱𝗼𝗿𝗼𝗸𝗶'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
i arrived at school twenty minutes too late, having to apologise to mr aizawa for an embarrassingly long time due to how sleepy he was, constantly falling asleep mid-sentence. and when i had arrived, katsuki wasn't there.

he wasn't there during english, or maths, or music. i even asked around if anyone had seen him. i even skipped some of my science class to check the roof.

and when i had seen that he hadn't been online all day, i decided to call him. and by the seventh ring, he picked up.

"what."

his voice sounded raspy, awfully congested too. "katsuki? why aren't you at school?"

"i'm taking a fucking sick day. sue me." he hung up before i could respond.

sick? i wasn't ill. how had he gotten sick?

and by the time my art course was done, i bolted out of the classroom to get to the local 7-11 before any of the other students could get there to buy candy and steamed buns.

i stepped inside the heated room, brushing the snow out of my hair. i walked through the isles, picking up some of his favourite foods: spicy ramen, because chilli can clear up blocked air-holes and coughs; peppermint tea, since i noticed he had run out last time i was at his house; katsudon and lemon lozenges for good measure.

i ignored the flirts i got from the girl at the front till, walking to katsuki's house at a fast pace. and when i made it to his home, i noticed his mother's car wasn't parked outside. meaning i could invite myself in with the key hidden in the plant pot to the left of the door.

i quietly opened and closed the door behind me, kicking off my socks and shoes so i wouldn't slip on the exceptionally shiny floor boards like last time.

i shuffled into the kitchen, turning on the stove and placing the ramen in a pot of boiling water as i sunk the peppermint tea bag into an orange mug which had the words 'fuck off' written in bold green letters.

i placed the katsudon in the fridge for later, ignoring how many more bottles of liquor had been added to the bottom shelf since last. i drained the noodles, stirring the chilli paste and seasoning into it before placing a pair of chopsticks inside it and grabbing the tea.

i carefully walked up the stairs, opening katsuki's slightly ajar door. in his bed, was a feverish blonde only dressed in his boxers, sound asleep. i smiled softly and placed the food down on his bedside table, turning to leave. i'll just leave him to sleep.

but when i felt a light tug on the back of my sweatshirt, i turned to look down at my boyfriend. his eyelids were only slightly open, looking up at me with doe eyes. "stay.." he mumbled, coughing afterwards which he winced at.

he moved over slightly, leaving me space to sit. i propped a pillow up behind his head as i asked him to sit up. i sat down next to him, a hand resting on his naked thigh. "sorry if i woke you." i smiled sheepishly.

he waved me off, rubbing his eyes with a big yawn; one that imitated a cat. "here." i whispered, brushing his choppy bangs out of his eyes as i blew at the hot mug of tea, bringing it up to his lips. he took a small sip, wincing as he swallowed it down.

"i feel like a little kid again." he rasped, a small chuckle following. "there's a difference between being treated like kid and being taken care of." i sat the bowl of ramen on my lap.

i picked up a fair amount onto the chopsticks, twisting them around the sticks before bringing it up to his mouth. "say 'aaaaaaaah'." he rolled his eyes with a flustered smile, slurping up the noodles. "now you're treating me like a kid."

"you didn't say aa." i frowned, preparing another mouthful for him. he flipped me off, letting out a very croaky and unenthusiastic 'aaaah' as he let me rest the noodles on his stuck out tongue.

that process repeated itself for the next ten minutes, until the bowl was empty. i placed it to the side, turning around to find the remote for the television hung on the wall to the right of the bed. "what do you want to watch?" i asked softly, helping him under the covers.

"law and order." he mumbled, looking away to sneeze loudly. i snorted, switching the fifth episode of the second season on to the beginning.

i sat next to him in a comfortable silence, occasionally bringing the tea up to his lips to soothe his throat.

;

"uhm.. shouto?" i don't hear that name a lot. "yes, katsuki?" "can we.. uhm.." i knew what he was hinting at, saving him the embarrassment by laying myself down at his front, pressing my back against his bare chest.

he sighed contently, wrapping his arm around my waist and pulling me impossibly close, resting his head in the back of my neck. he would occasionally press delicate kisses to my nape, huffing every few minutes for no particular reason.

"what time is it anyway." he mumbled, switching off the television once the episode came to an end. "hm. seven." katsuki groaned loudly, rolling onto his back. "i can't fall asleep now! that's embarassi- *cough* -ing."

i scoffed, pulling him towards me and into my arms. he rested his head on my chest, listening to my heartbeat just like i had done so many times before. he sniffed, moving his arm up to wipe his nose before wrapping his arms around my waist.

we simply laid there in each other's embrace, waiting for the other to say something.

"say.. what are you gonna do when you turn eighteen? i mean- it's just around the corner. what're you planning after you graduate?" that's a good question.

"i'm getting out of here as soon as i possibly can. maybe to america, maybe england. who knows. i refuse to deal with my father any more."

"i get that. i get the desire to just leave my life behind a lot. but i realise how stupid that could be if i didn't speak the language or didn't have enough money."

...

"why are you still here..?"

..

"h-huh?"

"i mean, you're eighteen, almost nineteen, why haven't you moved out yet?"

katsuki turned to look up at me, hand reaching to cup my face. "because i have you."

i felt my cheeks heat up.

"i met you just as i turned eighteen. and without you, i would be living on a minimum wage job god knows where. hell, i probably would be in jail for doing something stupid if the thought that you exist didn't run through my mind every time i wanted to do something reckless,"

i leaned down, reaching out to interlock my lips with his in a soft kiss. it didn't last very long, but it was enough for me to feel like wasps were circling my stomach.

"so i'm not going anywhere until you do."