NINETEEN

| 𝘂𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗹 𝗶 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗱 𝘆𝗼𝘂 - 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗲𝗻 |

𝗻𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗼𝗿'𝘀 𝗽𝗼𝗶𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘃𝗶𝗲𝘄;
"that's it for today. finish page 394 in your own time before next week."

it was snowing outside. and exams were just around the corner. it seemed like cramming was the only way shouto would pass his end of year exams. but constant studying and cramming meant less time away from his boyfriend, katsuki. he knew he had to make up for it somehow, and even if he didn't have to, he wanted to.

he decided against packing up at the same time the other students did. the thought of being pushed around by other teens his age didn't sit well with him. so he stayed put in his desk, watching as his fellow chemistry student's fled the room.

he read over his highlighted notes, tucking one leg up to his chest as his other dangling leg swung back and forth. he felt concentrated on his writing and his writing alone, correcting small hiccups and incorrect equations, not noticing a certain blonde walking through the door.

he let out a squeak, noticing a pair of busted hands gently place themselves on the edges of his desk. "hey.." katsuki spoke gruffly, lifting shouto's chin to look at him. "hi." shouto smiled softly, leaning into his hand.

"how was chem." the blonde started, reading the heterochromatic boy's neat notes upside down. "fine." shouto sighed, scribbling out an unnecessary drawing in the corner of his book. he chewed on his pencil, waiting for katsuki to continue.

"so i was thinking," he started, closing shouto's books and handing them to the bi-coloured boy. "we should go to the cafe after school to study for finals." shouto took the closed books and stuffed them in his backpack, followed by his pencil case.

"are you asking me out on a date?" shouto teased, standing up to sling his backpack over his shoulder, snatching his scarf from the back of his chair. "i guess you could say that." the loud ringing of the bell interrupted him, signalling next period.

"and that's my cue to leave." katsuki mumbled, quickly leaning in and pressing a soft kiss to shouto's lips, tucking a strand of red hair behind his ear before jogging out of the classroom. "meet me at the front gate!"

shouto's hand trailed up to his lips, the feeling of katsuki's chapped ones lingering on them. he smiled, beginning to make his way to his next class.

;

"it's so cold." shouto mumbled, hugging his coat closer to his body as the cafe katsuki insisted on visiting came into sight. "it's not that bad." katsuki shrugged, only dressed in a hoodie and jeans despite the cold weather.

at the very end of the road, was a small cafe. it turned into the corner, the view of some of the lower city presented from it's windows.

the bell rang quietly as katsuki opened the door for his boyfriend, the sudden cosy warmth of the petite building making shouto sigh as he rubbed his hands. the smell of coffee beans filled the boys' nostrils, and the gentle sound of jazz being played from the speakers occupying their ears.

only two or three other people were sat at the wooden tables, sipping contently at their coffees as they got work done on their laptops and phones.

"this place is really nice." shouto whispered to his boyfriend, allowing the blonde to guide him towards a table in the very left corner, tucked away behind a spiral staircase.

he was right. it was unique. it had a very comfortable feeling to it. bookshelves were lined with antique books, vines hung from most nooks and crannies on the wall, and candles hung from the ceiling.

"yeah. my gramps took me here once." katsuki mumbled, pulling his physics and business textbooks out of his bag. shouto slipped his gloves, coat and scarf off, discarding them to the side as he made himself comfortable.

"you want anything to drink?" shouto nodded, requesting a matcha latte. katsuki retreated towards the front, repeating his boyfriend's order out to the barista stood behind the counter.

the two sat in a comfortable silence with each other, occasionally asking questions about their work and helping each other.

"i don't get it." shouto whined, dropping his pen onto the table with a dramatic groan. katsuki leaned over, reading over shouto's math equations. "you forgot to multiply the -1." he mumbled, rubbing out the last few numbers. "do it again with the -1." shouto complied, re-doing the question with a face of intense concentration.

why is that so fucking cute. katsuki blushed, averting his eyes down back to shouto's paper. "good. now simplify it. the 2u and 6u can be subtracted." shouto hummed, re-writing the equation below it.

"good. there's your answer." shouto's mouth formed an O, as if a lightbulb had suddenly lit up in his head. "thank you thank you." he smiled, proceeding to move on to the next question.

the next two hours were filled with lighthearted conversation, quiet concentration and ordering of more pastries and coffee. and by the time it was seven, the sun had already set. shouto paid for their drinks and food, no matter how many times katsuki objected since, according to him, the person who insinuates the date must pay for it.

the pair walked back home, hand in hand. kicking through the fallen leaves with large smiles on their faces. and when they made it to the street that divided their homes, shouto tugged on katsuki's wrist, stopping him from walking. he wrapped his arms around the blonde's neck, pulling him into a hug.

katsuki felt his cheeks heat up for the millionth time that day, arms snaking around the smaller boy's waist. "thank you." shouto whispered, looking up into katsuki's dark vermillion eyes that were only somewhat visible thanks to the flickering lamppost looming over them.

"you don't need to thank me," katsuki whispered back, neck craning over slightly to push his forehead against shouto's. "it's the least i could do."

shouto tilted his head to the left, closing his eyes as his cold lips came in contact with his boyfriend's. there was no brash movement, or need for it, anyway. they just kept their lips pressed together, savouring each other's touch.

shouto got back down onto the balls of his feet, arms slowly pulling away from him. he smiled softly at katsuki.

"i love you."

katsuki's mouth fell open, watching as shouto's body slowly retreated away, not looking back. he felt his heart rate increase in speed, trying to find the words to say. he.. loved him?

"i.. love you too." he whispered, unable to find it in him to speak any louder.

but shouto already knew that. because he had heard it every time katsuki had said it to him. so it was only fair he said it back, right?