Skyward Talks

4th wall: I as an awkward teenager don't understand romance and can't seem to tell the difference between having a crush and finding a girl cute.

4th wall: That's where the inspiration for this oneshot came from! :D 

What if... Link could talk in Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword.

In a dark void, Link looked around confused.

Link: Huh... This isn't my usual dream...

Suddenly a dark creature appeared out of nowhere and started roaring.

Link: Whoa! WHAT THE HYLIAN IS THAT!!!!????

Rise Link... The time has come to awaken...

Link: I agree ominous voice! I hate nightmares! 

You are fated to have a hand in a great destiny, and it will soon find you...

Link: Hand in marriage? Yes! Wait... This is a nightmare. Dang it! 

The time has come for you to awaken...

Link: Yes, you just said that. 

Link...

Link: Yes?

The black creature suddenly roared. 

Link: WHOA!!!! I GET IT I'LL WAKE UP!!!!!!

He shielded himself then noticed the creature was offscreen. He looked around in a confusion as he heard a familiar sound. 

Link: Birdie? 

He looked next to him to see a giant blue bird that screamed in his face. 

Link: AHHHHHHHH!!!!!

Link fell out of his bed.

Link: Ow...

He looked up to see the giant blue bird spit a letter into his face then flew off, shutting the window while he(?) was at it. 

Link: A letter...? 

He stood and opened it up. 

Letter: Hey, sleepyhead. I know how much you like to sleep in, so I'm guessing this letter will be your alarm clock this morning. Did I guess right? 

Link: Yes you did smartie yoga pants. Actually I don't wanna imagine that. 

Letter: Rise and shine, Link! Today's the Wing Ceremony! You promised to meet me before it starts, remember? You'd better not keep me waiting. -Zelda

Link: Oh yeah, I guess did promise that. Does this count as a date? *smile* 

BEEP

???: Hey! Up here!

Link: Hm? 

He looked up on the roof to see his teacher. 

Horwell: Good morning to you, Link! 

Link: G'morning! Today's a pretty special day.  

Horwell: Today's finally the day of the long-awaited Wing Ceremony! 

Link: Oh yeah. That too. 

Horwell: Are you feeling ready? Oh, I just remembered. There's something I'd like to ask you about. 

Link: Eh?

Horwell: Look this way while pressing and holding Z, then press A to have a quick chat with me. 

Link: I know how to talk! Stupid adults thinking I'm a manchild who just shouts HYAAAAAAAAAAA.

BEEP

Horwell: So what are you up to? Rushing to get some last-minute bird-riding practice in this morning, Link?