Chapter 3

A couple days after Ethan had asked me to help with Eurovision, he had me come back over to the Måneskin house to start working, even though they had like a month and a half until the big event. He had showed me reference pictures as to what the stage looked like.

"Ok so there's this huge door thing at the back of the stage, right?" I asked Ethan.

"Yes, and the stage is absolutely massive compared to what we've performed on before." He replied, the other three nodding.

"Ok..." I trailed off, thinking.

"Follow me" I said again, still lost in thought. They followed me into their home studio.

"Ethan, go sit at your drums, Vic go stand on his right, Thomas on his left." I ordered, trying to make the visual in my mind reality. They did as they were told and looked back at me for assurance.

"Damiano, kneel infront of his drum set." He did just that.

I tried to visualize how this would look on camera and to the audience and something didn't seem right.

"Damiano, behind Ethan. Vic and Thomas step forward." I said. 

I liked the way this was set up, but I wanted to try and see if I could do better.

"All three of you, kneel in front of the drum set." I didn't like it.

"Ok, you and Thomas go back beside Ethan, like how you were at first. Damiano come here." I looked towards him and tried to figure out where to put him. 

"The big door at the back." I thought aloud, the gears turning in my brain. "You are behind that door. They'll start playing, and you'll walk out to the front and go from there." I said to him.

"I like that idea" Thomas spoke up. Damiano nodded in agreement.

More ideas popped into my head. "Maybe you could, y'know, swirl around on a pole again." I joked.

Damiano chuckled lightly. "Yeah, maybe at a normal concert." 

"It wouldn't make a good impression on the people who don't know us." Thomas laughed as he said this.

"No, could you just imagine? The performance being completely normal and then you get to the part where Damiano sings 'Parla, la gente purtroppo' while spinning on a pole" Vic added, amused at the thought. We laughed at her remark and continued working on the setup.

"There's not much choreography that you can do, considering you have to hold a mic." I said, thinking hard again.

"The most advice I can give you is give it your natural charisma and they'll love you." I concluded.

"That's it?" Ethan questioned.

"Well what did you expect? I can't map out every footstep." I retorted. He put his hands up in defense.

"I'm hungry" Vic stated.

"Same" I agreed.

"Takeout?" Thomas suggested, already taking out his phone.

"Chinese." Ethan sounded as if he was demanding it.

"Hangry much?" I let out a laugh.

He nodded. Thomas took our orders and walked out of the studio to make the call. The rest of us  walked into their living room.

"Call of duty?" Damiano asked Ethan as he held up a controller. He happily agreed.

"Oh this is gonna be funny" Vic said as she got comfortable.