Chapter 10

I woke up still wrapped in Damiano's arms. God I wish I wake up like this every morning. I nuzzled more into his neck and heard him chuckle.

"Good morning, baby." He said. His morning voice was intoxicating.

"Good morning."

"You hungry? I think the others already went down."

"Yeah, but I'm comfy here. Can we just lay like this all day."

"Trust me, I wish we could." He kissed my forehead and I looked up. 

I eventually got up off of him and went into the bathroom. I washed my face and went back out to find Damiano out on the balcony, having a smoke. I picked out a somewhat decent outfit and changed. I brushed my hair and put it in a loose ponytail and waited for Damiano to get ready. 

"Are you ready to go?" He asked, coming out of the bathroom.

"Yeah, let's go."

We walked down the hallway to the elevator hand in hand, which made my heart go insane. We went downstairs and scanned the hotel breakfast for the group. It didn't take long to find them, as the place was rather small.

"What do you want to eat? I'll get it for you." Damiano asked.

"Uhm..." I trailed off, thinking. "Just get extra of what you're gonna get. I don't really care what I have."

"Okay."

We parted, him going to the buffet and me to the table.

"So..." Vic began in a sing-song voice. "Details?"

"I think I'll let him explain that one."

"Oh come on! Quit making me wait!" She playfully backhanded my shoulder. 

"I'll think about it." I winked at her. She rolled her eyes in mock annoyance.

"Here you go, love." Damiano came back over and handed me a plate with sausage and egg on it.

"Thank you-"

"LOVE!?" Ethan, Vic, and Leo all exclaimed in unison. Thomas just had the biggest grin on his face.

Me and Damiano looked at each other. I glanced back at the group before pecking his cheek. That was all they needed before they broke out into whoops and yelps of celebration. 

"Finally! It took you long enough!" Thomas hugged Damiano.

Vic and Leo were dancing in their seat they were was so happy. Ethan got up and hugged me.

"Oh, by the way Damiano." Ethan clasped his hands together and gave him a stern look. "You hurt her you're more than 6 feet under."

"Yes sir." For once, Damiano looked actually terrified.

"Great now that that's settled, what did you guys do in that poor bathroom?" Ethan questioned, sitting back down.

"We didn't actually do anything. We wanted to mess around so we just made it sound like we fucked." I said between giggles.

"Hah! Thomas that's 5 euros for me, thank you." Leo said proudly.

"Well you did a great job at making it seem like something was going on in there." Thomas said, half-irritated as he handed Leo the money in which he happily pocketed.

"You know what? I'm not even surprised that you guys made a bet." Damiano laughed.

"We should probably go get ready to go." Ethan said.

"Meet you back down here in 30." I said, dragging Damiano with me as I headed back to our room.

———the night of the grand finale———

I was in Italy's sitting area with Leo. I could barely sit or stand still. The band was about to perform. Suddenly, the lights turned down low, with the name of our country appearing on a big screen. Leo and I were practically screaming. I heard the first note from Thomas' guitar and almost lost it. I was overwhelmed with joy but I was also hella anxious for them.

Just like we had rehearsed countless times, Damiano came in from the huge door behind the stage with the cameraman following close behind. It felt so unreal.

They performed so well. The onstage chemistry was off the charts like always and they fucking owned that stage. The amount of light and fire used to put this together was indescribable. And, it was all tied together with Damiano's fall at the end. Just minutes later, the four came running back to the sitting area.

"You all were amazing!" I hugged all of them.

"My heart is beating so fucking fast right now." Vic said.

"I could imagine. I'm down here panicking for you." 

We all sat down and half watched the other performances. Thomas picked up a glass to fill with who knows what but it slipped out of his hand, shattering on the ground. Damiano and I both looked down at the broken glass.

"What the fuck, Thomas!" Damiano exclaimed.

"Just be careful around it we'll clean it up later." I said.

Soon, it came to the final voting. We heard Italy and all of us perked up.

"Italy has got....from the public....." there was a long dramatic pause before he finally announced it. "318 points! Italy has taken the lead!" 

Damiano stood up while clapping while Thomas and Vic were both crying, holding onto each other. Ethan just sat there jaw-dropped.

"Switzerland needs at least 274 points to win." The announcer said.

"If they win, clap and be supportive." Damiano whispered to all of us.

"Switzerland has got..... from the public....."

"Just tell us the votes!" Damiano yelled, making all of us laugh.

"168 points which means we have a winner!"

I was engulfed in a bone-breaking hug from Damiano. I could hear Vic and Thomas screaming and crying from joy and I could just barely see Ethan's face of pure shock. I was wrapped in with Vic, Thomas, and Dami when I saw Ethan start to break. He knelt down infront of the group, his hands over his mouth. After we all pulled apart I tackled Ethan.

"You did it! You fucking did it!" I shouted. 

"We did. Oh my fucking god." His expression was still covered with shock. 

Before the four were ushered away back onstage, Damiano pulled me in for a kiss. I pulled away and looked back up at him, wiping his tears with the pad of my thumb.

"You did it, Dami." I choked out, tears were starting to fill my own eyes.

He was about to say something when he was dragged away by the staff. I looked over at Leo and his expression was almost exactly like Ethan's. We hugged each other and watched as the band made their way back on stage. They were presented with a reward and they got the chance to say anything they want to to the whole crowd, in the building and those at home.

"I would just like to say to the whole Europe, to the whole world, ROCK N ROLL NEVER DIES!" Damiano yelled into the microphone only to receive a huge applause in return.

He was right. Rock n roll never has died and it never will.