Chapter 8

I don't want to see the band at the studio. I am literally running through every excuse in my brain right now. Maybe I had car trouble? No, they would question because we take the same way. I woke up late? Can't do that either, our session today is supposed to start at 3 p.m. I could just tell them I can't make it. If they asked questions, I didn't have to answer them.

What was I thinking?! Things are never going to get better if I don't confront the situation. I've been really immature about it so far with ignoring everyone's texts and calls. But, I don't feel ready to see them. It's not even the whole band. Just Ethan. I need to quit thinking like that. I'm going to see them today because I made a promise. And I keep my promises, mostly because I hate feeling like I owe people.

I grabbed something casual from my wardrobe but didn't bother to shower since I showered the previous night. I left my hair down and grabbed something to-go to eat from the kitchen. I got in the car and pulled out onto the road. By the time I got to the studio, I had finished my snack and I could see their car. They were probably waiting inside. I had started to debate whether I should go in or not. I pushed the thoughts out of my head and got out of my car.

I went back to our designated room and took a deep breath before opening the door.

"Oh thank God." Ethan said. He got up from his drum set and hugged me. "I'm so sorry."

"We didn't think you were coming." Damiano got up from the floor and waited for Ethan to let go of me before he engulfed me into a hug. It instantly soothed me.

"I'm sorry. I feel like I let you guys down when I left but I could bring myself to come back over." I said to the four of them.

"You didn't let us down, we know you needed space." Thomas said.

I smiled at him. I thought this was going to be an awkward and crappy session but it was probably our best so far. The people who ran the place must've fixed the AC because it was quite cold in there. I made a mental note to bring a jacket next time. The band gathered their things and walked out with me this time. 

"Why don't you come over for a while?" Vic offered.

"I was going whether you invited me or not." I joked. "I'll follow you out."

I got in my car and followed them out of the parking lot. The drive was short and when we got to the Måneskin house, it really started to feel like home. 

"How many sessions do we have left?" Damiano asked. 

"Three. You guys take off to Rotterdam the day after the last one." I replied, checking the calendar on my phone to make sure. 

"What do you mean 'you guys'. You're not coming?" Ethan spoke up.

"I'm invited? I thought you guys already bought plane tickets."

"We did, six of them."

"Thank you! I thought the only backstage person that was going was Leo."

"We weren't leaving without you."

I hugged Ethan. I'm really glad that everything was back to normal. Well, as normal as it gets with these crackheads.

—————the day of the flight—————

I had slept over at the shared house the night before, this time insisting that Damiano take his bed, and got up with them at 4 a.m. to drive to the airport. We all had packed yesterday so we just threw our suitcases in the back. We met Leo at the airport.

"Hey guys!" He greeted the band. He hugged the others and shook my hand when he got to me.

"Hi, I'm Vivian."