Chapter 15

The air around me was cold as I walked up the steps to the band house. Leo opened the door for me, and I greeted everyone but Damiano, who was in his room at that moment. The mood was a bit off, considering what I had told them yesterday. Damiano had called me after Ethan left my home yesterday to reassure me that the fact I couldn't go wouldn't change anything between us, but I could tell he was excited for me to go. He had promised to call every night that he was gone.

When Dami had finally emerged from his room, we all rode together to Thomas' house. He had set out different props that we would need. I noticed the immense amount of fake blood.

"Are we committing a murder here?" I asked no one in particular as I gestured to the fake blood.

"Yep! And I get to do the honors!" Vic exclaimed excitedly.

"You are way too happy to be mock murdering me." Damiano scoffed playfully, ruffling Vic's hair.

"Well, I think it's fair since you'll be interrupting a necessary make out session." Nicoletta spoke up.

Damiano rolled his eyes. He wrapped an arm around my waist and leaned into me. I stumbled a bit, not expecting the sudden weight. 

"They're trying to kill me, Vivi." He whined. I was still trying to reposition myself under him.

"I'll be the one to do it if you don't get off of me." I poked him in the side, making him jump.

"Rude." He came back and kissed me on my forehead. 

"That is the scene we're shooting today, actually." Leo spoke.

Vic stuck her tongue out at Damiano and took Nicoletta by the hand.

Thomas led us to one of his bathrooms and Leo started to write on one of the walls with fake blood.

"Woah, woah, woah! I did not agree to that!" Thomas exclaimed, rushing over to him.

"Chill, it comes off. I tested it." Leo said, not looking away from the lettering.

"What is it even supposed to say?" Ethan asked.

"You'll see." Leo responded. Vic smirked. I gave her a questioning look.

"Boys will be executed." She whispered in my ear. I wasn't surprised, considering that she'd be committing a murder.

When Leo finished the phrase, he stood back to admire his work while the other three boys stepped forward to examine it.

"Bro." was all Damiano said. He gave an unimpressed look towards Leo.

"I didn't come up with it." he said between laughs as he threw his hands up in mock surrender.

Vic tried to hide her guilty laugh but failed miserably. 

"Victoria!" Damiano scolded, putting a hand on his chest as if he was offended. "I'm hurt."

"Mmm... Cry about it." she replied, sounding uninterested.

"Alright, alright. Places." Leo clapped his hands together twice to get everyone's attention. 

He pulled up the part in Mammamia that the clip was going to show up in so everything was timed correctly.

"Alright, 3, 2, 1, action!" He pressed play on the music and already had the camera rolling.

Vic and Nicoletta instantly locked lips. It looked like they were desperate to get closer to each other, even though that was nearly impossible. They kept going and weren't planning on stopping.

"Cut!" Leo said, stopping the music. Vic looked at him irritably while Nicoletta was trying to catch her breath.

They did the scene a couple more times, adding Damiano into some, and we decided to call it a day. I was going home with Vic. Her house wasn't but a few blocks away, so we just walked.

We arrived at her apartment complex. We decided to take the elevator up to her floor. At the last second, another lady walked into the elevator. She didn't look at us until the elevator doors shut and she pressed her respective floor. She had a horrified expression on her face.

"It's okay!" Vic exclaimed, sounding a bit panicked. "It's fake I promise. For a music video."

Before the lady could say anything, the elevator doors opened and we both darted out, practically running to her flat. Once we were out of earshot, we both busted out laughing.

"Bro! You're gonna get the police called on you!" I said between giggles as she unlocked the door.

"Shush!" 

We hung out after Vic cleaned herself up. It was probably after midnight before we fell asleep.

------the next day------

After the band had filmed a bit more for the music video, I asked them for a favor.

"Hey, guys?" I started. They all looked at me, waiting for me to continue.

"Would you help me with a cover?" 

"Of course!" Damiano said excitedly. "What song?"

"Misery Business by Paramore." I said nervously. I wasn't completely confident in my idea.

"I love that song." Vic spoke.

"Back to the studio we go, then!" Damiano exclaimed as he dragged me by the hand out of Thomas' house. He opened the car door for me and closed it behind me.

"Dami, hold up!" I said, giggling at his giddiness.

"What? I get to hear you sing in person, finally!"

"You watched the cover?"

"Now, what kind of boyfriend would I be if I didn't support the love of my life."

I got butterflies at his words.

Soon enough, we pulled up to the studio. He got out to open the door for me and I opened the door to the shared home. I had finally gotten my own key to the house. We went straight to the home studio and Damiano pulled up the lyrics on his laptop. 

"I know the words, Damia." I said, peering over his shoulder.

"I know you do. I'm just looking." He responded. "Sing acapella for me."

My heart skipped a beat. Damiano still made me nervous as it was but to sing in front of him? Crossing the line, honey. I think he noticed my swift change in mood and quickly added, "Only if you want to, that is."

He rubbed my arm gently and before I could say anything, we heard the front door open. The rest of the band was here.