Chapter 14

I woke up quite early in Damiano's arms. I wiggled my way out of them, trying not to wake him. He stirred as I stood up from the bed. I kept an eye on him for a minute before I quietly grabbed my phone and found my way to the kitchen. I was going to let him sleep for a bit before we left, seeing as it was 6:00 a.m. I checked my notifications, seeing many from Vic.

I scrolled through her texts, skimming through them quickly. I replied for her to call me when she woke up, as she had said she went clubbing the night before. 

About half an hour later, I woke up Damia and he crawled out of bed to get ready. I stayed in my pajamas and we left the house around 7:30. We arrived at the shared home.

"Are you following me to mine?" I asked him, stretching my shoulders.

"Actually, if you don't mind, I'll just ride home with you and you can drop me back off here around 4 ish. We're supposed to record Mamma mia." He said. 

I agreed, getting in the driver seat of my car and locking the doors when he got in. Halfway to my house, Vic called me. I obviously answered. My phone connected to the car.

"Hey!" Her voice rang out enthusiastically through the car speakers.

"Hi, Vic! Oh, by the w-" she cut me off.

"I have so much to tell you!"

"I get that but-"

"Me and Nicoletta exchanged num-" It was my turn to cut her off.

"Vic! You're on speaker and I'm in the car!" I spat out.

"Oh. Umm..." she trailed off.

"Who's Nicoletta?" Damiano pressed.

"No one important don't worry about it." She said quicky.

"Yeah? What were you gonna say before, huh?" I quickly glanced at Dami as he asked this, a small smile playing at his lips.

"Oh, uh. That doesn't matter."

"Vic, is there-"

"Vivi, call me when you're free! Bye!" With that she hung up. 

"Viviannn..." I could feel Damiano looking at me.

"It's for me to know and you to find out." I replied, pulling into my driveway.

"Oh, c'mon!" 

"Deal with it." I gave him a pointed look. 

We discussed what needed to be done in my house and started tackling different tasks. I started thinking, since we weren't making much conversation to each other after that. What if I erased my choreography business and went back to school? I could still manage my YouTube channel. Maybe I could go for an actual degree in business. Or acting. I've always been fascinated by the thought of acting but I've always had stage fright. I loved musicals and movies in general. I made a mental note to look up colleges and do research after I dropped Damiano back off at the home studio. 

At 3:30, we had finished everything that needed to be done. It took us way longer than expected because Dami and I play fought after he had sprayed me with water. I sped off to the shared home, careful to watch out for cops, and dropped him off. 

"I love you." He told me. He leaned in for a kiss. I kissed him back.

"Love you more. Text me when you get home."

I arrived later back at my house, lost in thought about going back to school. I think I was going to go for acting. Besides, if I didn't like it, I could always opt out or change classes. I looked up colleges near me and looked through the classes they offered. It was mid-August, so most of them haven't started yet. I ended up enrolling at a college about an hour away from me. I was picking out my classes and setting up a payment plan, since I needed a student loan, when I remembered I needed to call Vic.

"Finally! I didn't think you were ever gonna call me." She answered immediately. 

"Sorry! Spill everything!"

"Okay, so. Nicoletta and I exchanged numbers. We ended up talking for a long while after we left. Now, I'm supposed to meet her at a restaurant for dinner and I need help with outfits!"

"When are you going?"

"It's tomorrow. At 6."

"Okay, I'll be over at yours by 3. Is that early enough?"

"Yes. Vivi you're a lifesaver."

"When am I not?"

"Good question. Anyway, I have to go. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

We hung up and I continued picking out my classes. I went for acting, obviously, movement, history, English, speech, and chorus. I submitted and read that I was to get a call from the college about coming in to discuss more with counselors and administration. I was over the moon excited about starting.

--------two weeks later--------

I was hanging out at Ethan's place with the gang for dinner. Vic had brought Nicoletta over for us to meet her. She was an amazing person, and I could tell that the chemistry between her and Vic was absolutely perfect.

"Oh, Vivian." Ethan started. "Leo organized us an around the world tour and you're coming."

My jaw dropped. I hadn't told them about school. Thomas, Damiano, and Leo noticed my sudden change of attitude. 

"Is something wrong?" Damiano asked, concern covering his face and tone.

"No, no nothing's wrong..." I bit my lip.

"Are you sure?" Thomas piped up.

"Yeah, um. The thing is, I can't go on tour with you guys." I scrunched my nose, waiting for the complaints on why I didn't tell them sooner.

"Vivi..." Leo looked apologetic.

"I didn't know you guys were planning a tour. I'm sorry" 

Damiano made me face him by placing both of him hands on my shoulders. 

"I'll call you every night, okay? Or if you're not comfortable we'll cancel." He said.

"No, I want you to go. You guys are at you're peak. You deserve this." I forced a smile on my face. I had suddenly lost my appetite.

"You sure?" Vic asked. Nicoletta looked between us, thinking.

"Yes. Go live your dream."

"I can stay if you want." Nicoletta spoke up.

"No, you go too. You deserve it. Plus, you and Vic will get to spend more time together. I'll be fine, I promise." I said truthfully.

The rest of dinner was pretty quiet. A bit of small talk here and there but nothing that turned into another conversation. One by one, we got up to rinse off our dishes. I went outside in Ethan's backyard and lit a cigarette.

"Hey." A solemn voice came from behind me. Ethan.

"Hi." I responded, taking a long drag of my cigarette afterwards.

"We start shooting the music video tomorrow, if you're free." He walked up beside me, putting a comforting hand on my back.

"I start school next Monday, so yeah. I'll be there."

He nodded, gazing at the stars.

"Can you take me home?" I asked him. I rode with Damiano to get here but I wanted him to hang out more with the band.

"Yes. You wanna leave now?" 

"Yes, please."

"Okay"