Chapter 6

Ethan's POV

I woke up the next morning with a start. Really, I didn't sleep much last night because of what happened to Vivi. I was so worried about her. I got up from my bed and threw on a hoodie and went downstairs to check on her. But, to my surprise, I walked in the living room to see Damiano sleeping on the couch.

I shook him to wake him up. He groaned in response.

"Where's Vivian?" I asked, a bit panicked.

"She's in my room. I offered her my bed." He responded sleepily. 

I started to walk away when he called me back over.

"Don't wake her up, she needs the rest."

I thought about going to his room anyway but realized he was right. I sat down in an armchair and messed around on my phone. Damiano eventually got up and went into the kitchen.

"You want anything?" He asked.

"A glass of apple juice would be great, please"

Victoria was the next to wake up and emerge from her room.

"How's Vivian?" She looked to me.

"No idea, haven't seen her yet this morning."

"I thought she slept out here."

Damiano came back into the living room with a glass of apple juice and a plate of toast. "That was the plan. I was not letting her sleep on the couch, though. She deserves better after what happened." He handed me the glass and sat across from me.

Me and Vic exchanged looks. Damiano was protective but we've never heard him talk that way. I decided not to question and I assume Vic chose the same.

—————————————————————-

Vivian's POV

I woke up to the sunlight streaming in from a nearby window. It took me a minute to realize where I was. I looked over at Damiano's alarm clock and strained my eyes to read the time. 9:38. A lot later than I usually wake up. I rolled out of bed and walked into the living room, only to be immediately embraced by Ethan. I tensed up, not expecting the sudden affection, but soon relaxed and hugged him back. I pulled away, finding myself starting to get uncomfortable. I smiled at him as if reassuring him that I was okay. 

"How you feeling?" Vic asked softly.

"I could be better." I answered truthfully. I looked over to Damiano. "Your bed is really comfy."

"I know." A little grin appeared on his face. 

I walked over to him and took a piece of toast off of his plate.

"Would you like butter with that?" He asked sarcastically.

"If you want me to end up in the hospital." I joked. He looked confused.

"I'm allergic to milk." I explained, forgetting that he didn't know.

"Good thing we haven't ordered pizza." Vic stated.

Damiano got up to put his plate in the sink and he grabbed his keys. "I have to feed my cats, I'll be back in like half an hour."

"Can you give me a ride? I have to feed Chili." Vic asked. He nodded. 

After they left, Thomas finally came out of his room.

"He's alive!" I exclaimed. He gave me the middle finger in return.

"Not a morning person?" I asked.

"I need coffee." He replied groggily. 

"He needs 12 hours of sleep and three cups of coffee to function." Ethan joked.

Thomas showed off his middle finger again, making me and Ethan laugh.

"So when am I allowed to go home?" I asked no one in particular.

"Depends. I don't feel comfortable with you going home yet, but if you absolutely need to I can't stop you." Ethan replied.

"So I'm being held hostage." I joked.

"We just want to make sure you're okay." Thomas spoke up from the kitchen.

"I'm fine. Nothing major happened, just a stupid drunk guy." I said.

"Yeah, but he could've done so much worse if we weren't there." Ethan came up to me and hugged me.

"He's lucky he got as far as he did. If he didn't take me by surprise he would've been dead."

Ethan chuckled half-heartedly. Thomas finished brewing his coffee and headed into the living room. I was bored so I started looking at the board games under the coffee table. My eyes landed on Monopoly and I took it out.

"Wanna play?" I asked. The boys nodded. 

We cleared off the table and set up the game. Thomas had won the first dice throw to deter an who'd go first. I was last. After 20 minutes of playing, Damiano and Vic came back from feeding their pets.

Vic walked in to see what we were doing and immediately walked back out. "Not watching that chaos." She held her hands up in defense. 

Damiano came and sat beside me on the couch and started messing around on his phone. The game was moving pretty smoothly until we started trading.

"I'll give you Virginia avenue and States avenue if you give me New York avenue." Ethan said.

I thought about it and gave it to him and he handed me my new properties. We made a couple more trades between the three of us and as soon as it was my turn, I bought 3 houses and put one on each of the pink stripes above the name.

We played until it was time for dinner. Ethan had gone bankrupt hours ago but me and Thomas were still going strong. 

"You guys need to eat." Vic pointed at us. "Neither of you are winning that game any time soon. 

"Fine" Me and Thomas both said. 

I didn't even pay attention to what we ate, wanting to get back to the game. Thomas and I kept shooting playful glares at each other. As soon as we both finished. We got up to put our plates in the sink. I was about to run back to the couch but looked back down at the dirty dishes in the sink. I couldn't just leave it there. I took out some dish soap from under the sink and put a plug in the opposite side of the sink.

"You don't have to do that." Ethan told me when he got up.

"Well, I need to pay you back somehow for letting me crash here."

"You know you're always welcome here."

After I did the dishes, I went back over to the unfinished game and continued playing with Thomas. Eventually and unfortunately, he got the upper hand and made me go bankrupt.

"Good game." I sighed in defeat.

"Good game." He replied.

We cleaned up the game and I assume he went of to bed. After a while, Damiano came back into the living room and asked if I wanted to watch a movie. I happily agreed and let him pick. We weren't even 10 minutes into the movie when my eyes started feeling heavy. I leaned my head on his shoulder and drifted off to sleep.