Chapter 9

"So which bed you want?" I ask Damiano, looking at the two queen sized beds in our hotel room. 

"Preferably the one farthest from the air conditioning, but it doesn't matter to me."

"I like the cold so wear a hoodie to bed."

"Oh lord."

I put my blanket and pillow from home on my bed, claiming it. I then grabbed my suitcase and started unpacking. I put my clothes into the dresser and put my empty suitcase beside it, Damiano doing the same. Soon, Damiano's phone buzzed.

"Thomas wants to know if we're up for going to a Japanese restaurant for dinner." He said.

"Yeah I'm okay to go."

He texted him back. Damiano told me that we were to meet the rest in the lobby at 4 and we'll take a cab there. I got different clothes out of the dresser so I would look more presentable. I picked out a plain white crop top with a black pleated skirt that barely reached just past my mid thigh. I went to go change in the bathroom to find the door closed and locked. I knocked on the door.

"Occupied." Damiano called from inside. I could hear water running.

"Why are you showering? We have to be down in the lobby in like 10 minutes!" I half-shouted.

"Because I wanted to!"

"We're gonna leave you here!"

"You better not! I love Japanese!"

I decided it could hurt to change out in the main part of the room since he was in the shower. I drew the curtains and took off my hoodie, bra, and sweatpants. I put on the skirt and walked over to the mirror. I went to put on my clean bra when a random scratch on my chest caught my eye.

"Where the hell did that come from?" I ask myself as I ran my finger over the scratch and inspected it.

It was only then when I heard the bathroom door open.

"DAMIANO GO BACK IN THE BATHROOM!" I shrieked as I ran for my blanket to cover my upper half.

"Why? What happ-" he cut himself off when he saw me standing with the blanket covering the top half of my body.

"You know what, you can have the bathroom." He moved out of the way of the door.

I grabbed my shirt and bra and half-ran, half-walked to the bathroom. I tried not to slam the door and leaned on the sink for support. It got hot in that room real quick. I looked into the semi fogged mirror and saw my face coated with a layer of red. Damn it.

I quickly threw my clothes on and halfheartedly fixed my hair and I was ready to go. Damiano and I headed out. By the time we met everyone in the lobby, my face was still felt hot. We all talked for a bit as we waited for the cab. When Ethan got the notification that our ride was here, Vic and I fell behind the rest.

"Why are you blushing so hard?" She asked with a smirk playing at her lips.

"I'll talk later." I replied. She stuck her bottom lip out playfully but her smirk still lingered.

The 6 of us got into the cab and we drove the somewhat short distance to the restaurant. When we arrived, we got seated almost immediately. Surprisingly, nothing special really happened. After 2 hours, we had called another cab to take us back to the hotel. I was pretty spaced out during the drive back, avoiding conversation. We arrived back at the hotel and we departed to our respective rooms and I got ready for bed. Just as we turned the lights out, Damiano said something to me.

"If my snoring wakes you up, please wake me up. I don't want to bother you."

"You could never bother me with a thing like that, Dami."