Chapter 13

It had been 3 days since I've seen the band. In that time, I uploaded a cover to my YouTube channel of 'Hey, Soul Sister' by Train. I was getting a lot of recognition on it and I was scrolling through the comments. I came across many fans requesting different songs. The most popular one, to my surprise, was 'Misery Business' by Paramore. I had listened to the song before and even had it on many playlists on Spotify, but never thought about covering it.

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts.

                                    Dami

-----------------------------------------------------

We've finished the song, love.

-----------------------------------------------------

I replied, telling him that I would be at the studio in an hour, and quickly got ready. 

As I drove to the studio villa, I got lost in my thoughts about the requests. Many of them started to consist of more rock songs rather than pop or indie music. I had never thought my voice would go with rock music, but it was worth a try, wasn't it?

I pulled into the driveway and walked in, toeing my shoes of in the entryway and pushing them against the wall. I greeted Ethan with a hug when I walked into the kitchen. He was giddy with excitement as he led me into their home studio.

"Hi, love!" Damiano engulfed me into a hug and I kissed his cheek as he did so.

"Hey, Dami." I sighed, instantly relaxing in his arms. 

I felt him kiss my forehead and I greeted Thomas and Vic with a hug. They all got in position, clearly excited for me to hear the song.

They started with the familiar bass line and metronome and Damiano came in with the first set of lyrics. I instantly started bopping my head to the beat. Just before the chorus, the four all had the same look on their face. Devious eyes with a smirk on their lips. I listened to the chorus and immediately turned a bright red. Damiano had used a line he had said to me and put it in with the chorus. He knelt down and his eyes roamed my body. I giggled like an idiot, and I could see Vic trying not to laugh. The rest of the song was a lot more heated than I thought it would be. By the end, it was really hot in that studio.

"So?" Damiano searched my face for my reaction.

"I'm gonna go get some air." I replied, turning to open the studio door, my face hot.

I heard the four respond with laughter as I found my way to the sliding door. I walked out and laughed lightly to myself, going back through the lyrics in my mind. The sliding door opened again and I turned to see Dami. 

"Did you like it?" He asked me, laughing as he pulled out a pack of cigarettes. 

"Yeah, I did. I think it's a good song and it totally didn't have any effect on me at all." I replied between giggles.

"Well, whether it had an effect on you or not, we need music video ideas." He said matter of factly.

"Oh god." I say, pinching the bridge of my nose and smiling widely.

He took a long drag from his cigarette. Staring up at the mid-afternoon sky, he wrapped his free arm around my waist and I leaned into him. We stayed like that for quite a while, just enjoying each other's company. He put out his finished cigarette and turned to fully hug me. Even though I had nothing to worry about in that moment, it was as if I let go of all the stress in my life. I never knew someone could make you feel so at peace.

"We should go in." He said finally. He let go of me, meeting my gaze.

"Okay." I followed him inside. 

I ate dinner at their home. After we finished, Damiano proceeded to beg me to spend the night at his flat. 

"Please Vivi? Just one night?" He begged.

"Damia, I would. I have stuff I need to do at home, though." I said honestly. It had been a hot minute since I cleaned. 

"Please! I'll help you clean tomorrow if you stay at my place!" He pleaded.

I looked over to Thomas and Ethan, who were watching this unfold. I gestured for them to back me up, but apparently the ceiling had become very interesting suddenly. I rolled my eyes.

"Dami-"

"Please!?"

I thought about it for a moment. There was no way he was going to let me go home. I sighed and gave in.

"Fine. But you have to bring me back here to get my car before we go back to my house." I gave him a pointed look and he nodded enthusiastically. He left to grab his keys. Vic had just walked into the living room, getting ready to leave as well.

"Boys!" I said sternly, cutting them off from their conversation.

"Yes?" Ethan responded. Thomas just raised his eyebrows.

"Why didn't you back me up?" I pressed.

"Because they aren't intelligent enough." Vic interjected.

"Hey!" Both boys scolded her. 

"Am I lying?" She asked playfully.

They all just rolled their eyes at each other.

"Ready?" Damiano walked back in, twirling his keys around his forefinger. 

"Yeah."

I said my goodbyes to everyone and Dami and I headed to his house. I immediately crawled into his bed at his flat after changing into his hoodie. He pulled my body close to his, wrapping a protective arm around me. With that, we fell asleep.