Chapter 7

Damiano's POV.

I fell asleep on the couch last night while watching a movie. Now, I'm awake, with Vivian cuddled into my side.

I didn't want to wake her up. That was the last thing I wanted to do. I was just a bit startled when I was awake enough to be aware of my surroundings. It doesn't bother me, I found myself enjoying it actually. I looked down at her. I had to admit, she was a beautiful girl. I turned the tv on to some other movie that looked interesting and turned the volume down low.

I felt her stir next to me. She opened her eyes a bit but she didn't look alert. With my full attention on her now, I shifted to where I was laying down, her head on my chest, and soon I fell asleep again.

———————————————

Victoria's POV

I groaned and looked over at my alarm clock. 7:05. Surprisingly, I didn't hear anything downstairs. Ethan was usually up by now. I got up and made my way downstairs. The tv was on, and I could see someone laying on the couch. Maybe Ethan was up.

I walked in the kitchen, not paying any more attention to the living room. I made myself a glass of cranberry juice and went to see what was on tv. I looked and it was definitely something I didn't recognize. I looked towards who I thought was Ethan and took in a sharp breath when I saw Damiano and Vivian cuddling on the couch, asleep.

I knew something was going on! I could see it on Damiano's face, he liked her. I wasn't so sure about Vivian until now. I quietly ran upstairs and knocked on Ethan's door.

"It's open." He called from inside.

"Have you gone downstairs yet?" 

"No, why?" 

"Just come see."

"Should I be scared?"

"Oh just follow me!" I whisper shouted.

He finally got up and followed me downstairs. I walked in front of the couch, tiptoeing to be quiet. He gave me a confused look and I motioned for him to come look. When he saw them, his face contorted into a look that I didn't know how to read. I thought he'd think it was cute.

"Let's let them be." He led me out of the living room.

"I'm going outside."

I walked out of the back patio door and took out a cigarette and lit it. I let the smoke fill my lungs and exhaled. I stood there, lost in my thoughts until I heard commotion going on inside. I quickly put out my cigarette and went back inside.

—————————————————

Vivian's POV

I was laying on top of Damiano. I didn't know how I got there or when it happened.

"Oh my God I'm so sorry!" I exclaimed, not thinking he was still asleep. I jumped off of him before I realized that. He woke up with a panicked expression and jumped up from the couch.

"Holy shit." He groaned, pinching the bridge of his nose. Probably got up too fast.

"I am so sorry Damiano." I apologized, my voice quieter than the last time I spoke.

"What are you sorry for? I'm sorry for scaring you." He came up to me.

"I didn't mean to wake you up or to fall asleep on you."

"You're alright I promise."

"Are you-"

I was cut off by his tight embrace. I wrapped my arms around him and relaxed. He gave really good hugs. I pulled away and looked up at him, although he was looking behind me.