(16) putting my entire back into this bitch

—hospital room

after spending the most stressful night completely working on demos and refining things on call with her favourite producer to work with. i.e. their personal producer that they get feedback and work with consistently throughout their first/debut album. sometimes you just have to have the second voice and person work on things with you. a few tweaking and changing to some names of the songs and it was basically all the way finished.

cover and concept photos would be compiled after she took a quick browsing of pinterest and she gave it to the sm management. creative freedom really did wonders. she loved the sounds of the songs, she loved all of her songs. but songs picked by her members would always be her favourite ones.

producer nim ~_~
i sent our finished demos of the songs
and lyric guide is also done
do you want me to send it to the
company?

yes please!
thank you sunbae~~

she had the grand time recording all lyrics and extra sounds on voice memos. the sound of glass clinking was a favourite from how shit it sounded on a bad mic quality from her phone. she had to deal with a lot of shitty replacements for some noises she wanted in the songs that weren't sampled from outside resources. no matter how much she enjoyed those resources, she really liked messing around.

hearing her phone ring, she hummed and picked it up without checking who it was. seeing it enter into a facetime, she propped it up against the laptop screen. continuing to work aimlessly as it connected. "UNNIE!" holding her ear, she blinked and pretended like that wasn't loud. "mom! are you okay? dumb question, wait, have you been doing well by yourself? we've been wanting to visit but we haven't had the time just yet."

smiling softly, she looked over to her phone and saw them all huddled together so they could see her. "ah, days could be better. i'll be back to the dorms in no time don't worry! this sling hasn't been the greatest though, and i don't know how to shower just yet. but the nurse just told me to cover it with a plastic bag." she shrugged, looking between the phone and the laptop screen.

"ah this makes me feel so sad! why did you have to get injured unnie!"
"how much money will it take for you to get better? do you need anything unnie? i can import it." waving a dismissive hand, she didn't want them to worry about that type of stuff. "don't worry about it. just focus on practicing girls. the choreograph to the song is gonna go through some demos soon since miss kim sent it out to management." she nodded, her eyes closing naturally.

"ah? do we have a title track already? which one is it?"
"ooh! i'm gonna start on making a board so we can make the final concept. i want it to be spooky. since it's gonna be in october." she liked listening to them get off topic and speak to each other so aimlessly. it was like listening to a podcast but you were the one behind the scenes essentially.

"do you guys wanna hear the demo of the title track? you guys will love it. it was recorded on my phone so the quality is a bit bad, but it surprisingly sounds high quality." she laughed, seeing them all turn to get closer to the phone to hear it. playing it, she leaned back on the pillow supporting her back and watched as the members reacted to it simultaneously. it gave her the type of smile that you didn't even know you were smiling and couldn't stop doing.

"ah i'm tearing up from how good it is."
"momm, send the audio file to the group chat! i love it when you sing."
"the 4th gen main vocalist."
covering her mouth to stifle her laughter, it was always enjoyable showing things off to them. "mom, we're planned to have an instagram live right now, sorry, please watch us!" she nodded hearing them apologize as they rushed to leave to meet up with the manager to get ready. ending the face time so they members could go back to schedules.

all she hoped was for them to eat well while she's away from dorm and forcing them to all eat together in the dining room instead of cooped up in their rooms eating and making messes and not putting away their plates.

—instagram live

"ah.. what do we say.."
"it's our first live without seokyu unnie.. she usually just makes us talk to each other awkwardly.." they spoke quietly, glancing over to their manager for any idea of what to say or what to do. "ah.. hello arts!" they waved awkwardly to the phone they were using, all on their phones looking at chat so they wouldn't have to sit around the phone weirdly.

user1: it feels so quiet....
user2: i hope seokyu is doing well!
user3: HELLOOO
user4: missing seokyu already and its been 4 days

"unnie is doing well, we just talked to her and she seems to be very bored. we can't bring her switch over because she can't play with one hand." the choi girl nodded, explaining happily. "oh, that's right. she texted us and told us that she couldn't move her hand because of the cast." they continued to speak aimlessly among themselves over the eldest.

maybe it was the cause and effect of missing her and liking having her around. "me and yanyu went to get our nails done and they're so cute. i love the multi coloured smiley faces." kimberly cooed, leaning forward so she could show off her nails to the camera. "my lovely yanyu, come over and show off yours. ah they're so cute like you." she waved over to the chinese girl. only to get looks of disagreement and obvious displeasure.

"should i order us something? i want ice americano."
"but then we're all gonna tired later when we drink too much stuff with caffeine."
"seokyu unnie would've let me.."
they continued to bicker over caffeine and who could hold their caffeine. the effects of caffeine hitting differently for each member.

"no i'm just saying, ice choco is too sweet these days. that's why i want ice americano. it's not about the caffeine."
"you start bouncing off the walls when you've had caffeine. do you have the braincells of a pebble?"

user5: all of this over coffee everyone
user6: we stan these girls
user7: yanyu sitting and pretending she's never met these people before
user8: yanyu on her last nerve fr

"everyone shut up, seokyu said to order boba and stop arguing because it's giving her a headache." the chinese girl raised her voice from her annoyed state. crossing her arms and leaning against her crossed legs. it was tough living as the youngest and the only one with common sense within the current members.

looking at each other for a moment, they nodded in acceptance. "i'll order, what does everyone want again? i'm ordering it from our favourite place." the japanese girl hummed, pulling out her phone to order. whispering among themselves over what they wanted and who had the worst taste in drinks. this was all they would talk about if they didn't know what to do. aimless banter so they wouldn't end up sitting in silence.

"kimberly, do you, yvonne, and soomin have matching accessaries since you're such close friends. uhmmm, do you guys have yours on right now?" she looked over to them who were deliberately playing chopsticks to pass the time and not talk to the members. "i do, i don't know about yvonne though." she held up her hand to show the bracelet hanging from her wrist.

"i think we all are, we never take it off anyways." the other looked back to kimberly and glanced at her wrist to confirm. "we're just such good friends you know." she boosted, getting disappointed and disgusted looks from the other two. starting their bickering because of their stares.

"yanyu unnie.. first of all.. are you sure you're younger than me.. and second. yes this is a daily occurrence. it's worse because seokyu unnie isn't here." she sighed, burying the side of her face into her hand. she'd given up using her energy on this. "yanyu, someone asked if you're close to any of the other chinese members of sm." she snorted and could see what the fans were trying to get at. "yes i know ningning jie and chenle ge. we hang out whenever we can." she nodded, not bothering to lie about not knowing a single person at the company for the years she was training.

"seokyu just texted and said to stop being so boring and do fan service for the fans."
"unnie please stop trying to make us do aegyo."

posted; 18/08/22