(31) heading home early

—september 1st

"hello, testing testing. been awhile everyone?" smiling, she waved to the camera with her free hand. "i have 2 more months left till i can take off this dang cast. i'll be well enough to dance again. isn't that exciting?" she smiled. she knew that she left early on filming. in her defense, she had a doctors checkup to look at the health of her arm.

user1: arent you still filming?
user2: i loved the content from syncing with!
user3: UNNIEEEEEEE
user4: we missed you so much! 🤍🤍

"filming? ahh, i had to go to a checkup for my arm and it's more urgent than filming. the other girls are busy right now so i can't call them. they strictly told me. unnie, just go. don't call us or else we'll get in trouble." she recounted, her korean pushing through. she nodded, reading the chat. "if you want to know, they said that i'm recovering pretty slowly but it'll be for the better if i am recovering slowly."

smiling sweetly, she was glad she could share her health to her fans. she felt as if idols these days couldn't share their woes and worries just for public image. anxiety and health problems became more frequent among her friends in the industry. it was stressful trying to help them get help, it was like mental health wasn't anything to the industry.

she'd seen more than she could chew, and it made her question why you had to pretend to be perfect if your flaws become the target of harassment. if your skills and talents became the the target of harassment.

what were idols suppose to do if they became the center of harassment? get over it? if only it could be so easy. the industry was ruthless, but could fans be determined as any better? if she could foster a zero tolerance fanbase, she wondered what could be a different outcome to all of this.

user5: i cant believe that you get to sit here while the other work
user6: youre so pretty mom 🤍
user7: @user5 wtf is wrong with you

"ahh, is that how you think of me? i can't believe that you get to sit here while others work? wow. what a great opinion! do you think that i had a choice in a broken arm? while i didn't have a choice in this. you have a choice in your behaviour." she smiled, seeing the chat blow up because of her words. "i don't see why you find the need to speak your baseless points. do you think i wanted to stop working and be injured? god i wish i could just injure myself and get a break off of work. i'm still doing my job. it seems like you want to find a reason to hate an injured human."

she shrugged, their comment was so stupid. she was very obviously injured and incapable of doing her job as a normal idol. yet she still manages to make time to entertain during her recovery. how absurd is that? "i may have gotten off lucky, but i could've just decided to not appear at all. disappear for 3 months and come back without uttering a word. is that more ideal?" she tapped her cheek with her finger. considering the idea itself.

user8: seokyu gonna be in a koreaboo headline again 💀
user9: i hate FAKEs bro 🤢

"are we calling haters fakes now? that's not a bad idea." she laughed, waving a dismissive hand. "the smtown tokyo concert seemed fun. i wish i could be there to meet snsd. they're one of my idols." she nodded, her eyes full of admiration. she adored the older idols that were still able to actively promote. alongside the ones that have long since disbanded.

"snsd sunbaes seem like such a bright group. even after not meeting for a long time, they still manage to make the stage shine like a galaxy." resting her head on her hand, she stared aimlessly out the windows.

"do you all have anything to say to the girls? i can relay them messages. they're taking a well deserved break while they're working hard. they had to rush to catch the flight to and from japan for the smtown concert." she laughed, remembering their panicked and stressed faces when they had to pack and leave to then come back. next year she was determined to be well enough to attend the smtown concert.

user10: synthetic! hwaiting!
user11: we love you!! don't stress out
user12: unnies are so beautiful~~ 🤍
user13: we love you no matter what 😋

smiling, she knew it was for the girls, but she couldn't help but feel apart of it too. "you all are so sweet.. i'll make sure to tell them about what you guys have said. ahh, you know, my idol friend called me recently." she recalled, mentally figuring out how she would avoid leaking who it was and such. "they hadn't seen me for awhile, and the first thing they told me about their recent meals. tteokbokki, gimbap, western food, everything under the moon."

"it reminded me that even during dieting, you don't have to forget what foods you can have. although, they're under hiatus, they still manage to eat well while they're away." she nodded, thinking about their long conversation about food that night. it was refreshing being able to talk about food like that to someone she was so close to. "i hope spks and arts are eating well. you all shouldn't worry about your food intake. always try to eat something when you're truly hungry."

although she couldn't speak for everyone, it was nice to hear that people were eating well. "i recently finished a kdrama, and ah, my heart. it was so good. now i don't know what to watch because it's finished." she sighed, slightly feeling regret that she didn't spread out episodes so it would last longer. but her internal wishes practically forced her to do so.

"have you all been watching anything good? korean netflix is way different than american or other netflix's." she couldn't imagine her netflix being any different in any other country. it felt morally wrong in a sense.

"if anyone is wondering, it was extraordinary attorney woo. wahh, so good. i can't wait for season two." she cooed, already seeing the chat blow up at the mention of the drama. it was popular, she just didn't have the time to follow it during it's airing. opting to wait to watch while she was busy with idol life and whatnot. "i would sit here and talk about it the entire time, but them i'll bore you all."

posted; 13/09/22