Chapter 9

All the girls finally left my house after the sleepover and it was currently 3:45. If I remember correctly me and Aaron's 'date' is around 5. He was taking me to lily's grandparents smoothie place or something, but first I had to tell my mom. I walked into the living room to see her watching the news. " Mom." I see her turn her head over to me. " Yes?" I sit next to her and awkwardly looked at her. " Uh...I was wondering if it's okay if I go on a date?" She raises an eyebrow, smiling. " Oh? Do I know this boy?" I nod my head. " He lives on our road. Aaron Dean? I'm pretty sure you and dad met his family." She nods her head. " Ah yes I remember them. They're a lovely family." She looks back at the tv. "...So...can I?" She sighs looking back at me. " Don't let your father find out that's all I ask of you. You better be careful out there." I nod my head thanking her as I head back into my room to get ready.

It was almost 5 and I got a text from Aaron.

Aaron: U still up for our date?

I quickly text him back.

(Y/n): Yep 👍 I'm ready when you are.

Aaron: Great picking u up early. Be there soon.

I looked at the mirror real quickly checking myself out then headed downstairs. I turn to see my mom on her phone standing in the kitchen. She looks over to me with a smile. "Oh look at you honey. Aaron is so lucky to have you." I chuckled, shaking my head. " We aren't dating mom." She hums and she hears honking from outside. " Not yet. See you later (Y/n)." I quickly said bye then walked outside to see Aaron waiting for me. He looks from him closed window awkwardly waving at me. I waved back opening the car door and hopping in. I smiled at Aaron. "Hey Aaron." He smiled as well. " Hey (Y/n)." I looked down at my lap as he drove off. Why the fuck is this so awkward? I just got in and it's completely silent, not even music. It's not even the good silent either. It's the worst kind.

" So...What kind of smoothie do you recommend?" I said trying to start a conversation. He chuckles. " Don't get me started, there is so many we gotta try together!" I laughed as we made it to the little shop. He parks the car and we get out. As we were walking side by side with each other I noticed a familiar car parked beside the shop. " Hey, isn't that Evans car?" I pointed out to the car. Aaron looks over and sighs. "Yep, it is." We enter the shop and I could smell the delicious food. I took in a deep breath and smiled. "God, it smells so good in here." Suddenly, I can feel a cold hand wrap around mine. I looked over to see Aaron looking at me nervously with a slight smile. "We should try my favorite ones first."

As I looked over the menu above the cashier I see Evan popped out of the side door. He grins looking at the both of us. " Well,Well,Well look who it is. It's (Y/n) and Aaron. What are you two doing here?" He hums smiling at us. Aaron brought me closer to him as he softly chuckled. " We're on a date."

"A date?"'

I nod my head. " We've been getting closer with each other recently. We thought it was nice getting even closer." I smiled at Evan.

"Really?"

They both say at once. I nod as I look at Aaron. He smiles like a nerd sighing. " We'll get one medium strawberry blueberry smoothie." Evan raises an eyebrow. " Just one?" Aaron nods. " Me and (Y/n) can share. Right?" I shrug my shoulders. " I don't mind I guess."

As Aaron payed for the smoothie with some of his favorite donuts and some delicious looking conchas I picked out, we went to sit near the closest table. I picked at the sweet bread eating some. " What are they called again?" Aaron says watching me enjoy the bread. " Conchas, my dad gave me these all the time back in our old time. I didn't know they had any here." I hummed at the sweet flavor. " Do they taste good?" I look up at him. " You've never had this before?" He shakes his head no. I break off a piece giving him it. " Try it, you'll love it!" He opens his mouth taking the whole thing. His eyes shined as he swallowed the bread. " Oh my gosh that is so good." I smiled at him as he tried to reach for more. " Wow, hey back off this is mine. Go get your own." He gasped. " I was the one that paid for it!" I laughed. " You offered!" We both laughed. " Fine, but only one more piece! Say ahhh." I take off another piece and I bring my hand towards his mouth. He shyly opens his mouth as he takes in the food. I pulled back as he smiled. " I know what to buy when I'm over here next time." I chuckled as I ate more of the bread. " Have a sweet tooth huh Aaron?" He nods. " Heck yeah. I try not to eat that much junk though. I try to keep myself healthy for football." I looked at him questionably. " You're in football?" He nods. " I didn't know that."