Chapter 13

It's Friday and I was sitting next to Aaron on the bench with the rest of our friends. Aaron was wearing his jersey while Daisy and Matty were wearing their cheerleading uniforms. " Are you ready to beat Westrays ass today Aaron?!" Lui punches Aaron in the shoulder. All Aaron did was nod. I looked at his face and he seemed tired. " You alright Aaron?" He didn't answer me. "Aaron?" I touched his hand and he nearly flinched. " Huh?"

" Are you okay?"

" Oh yeah, I'm fine."

"Are you sure? You seem tired."

He nods his head yawning. " Yeah, I couldn't sleep last night. Nervous for tonight's game." I squeezed onto his hand. " You'll be okay! You're going to do awesome!" He slightly smiles at me. " Thanks babe." He kisses my head. Suddenly we hear groaning from behind us. I looked behind and saw Lily. She slouched down sad. " Evan is not going to be here at school today. Said he's making stupid banners for the football game along with some other losers in art class." She covers her face. " Now who am I going to hang out with?" I turn back around looking at Aaron. "You can rest on me if you like." He looks at me with a frown but nods. He sighs resting his head on my shoulder.

" Awe aren't you two adorable." Suzie smiles at us. "Aaron is tired. I'm just letting him rest."

" Aaron tired before a game? That's new. He's usually up and ready for a game." Lui says looking over at Aaron. Matty nods. " But this is his last home game forever. He's nervous."

The bells ring for class. Sighing, Aaron stands up lazily going to class. I quickly followed by grabbing his hand, intertwining them.

I sat in front of Aaron in the first period. The teacher told us we had a free class day since it's home game today. The class sighed in relief as they did whatever they wanted. I turn around to Aaron. He was resting his head on the desk. I turn my chair around scooting over to him. " You're really that tired Aaron?" He groans nodding. " I just wanna sleep."
" Okay I'll let you rest-"

"Stay here with me."

"Of course."

Aaron, he's acting strange. Stranger than usual of course. Something is obviously bugging him. I moved my hand to his hair and messed with it. I just stared at him as he was sleeping. I think back to yesterday when everything happened with Billy and Damien. They are so weird. Billy...he makes me say the stupidest stuff. I don't really love him...right? I focus on Aaron again, sleeping while holding my other hand. Of course not. I like Aaron. Love...him...He's sweet when he wants to be. He's a guy that shows his emotions.

I sighed pulling out my phone scrolling through social media. Nothing much was happening other than stupid drama between two towns and about tonight's game.

Binnng

I got a text, it was from Damien.

Damien: Ready for the big reveal tonight?! 🫣

(Y/n): you figured it out already?

Damien: Mayyyyyyyyybeeeee 🤭

(Y/n): Areeee you going to tell me?

Damien: NOPE

(Y/n): ...

(Y/n): Why?

Damien: Plot reasons 😳

(Y/n): I hate you...

Damien: Love you too! 😚

Aaron groans looking up at me. " Who are you texting?"

"Damien."

He sits up straight. " Since when did you guys talked?"

I shrugged. "Just yesterday I guess. Why?"