t h i r t y - t w o

The last time I saw Nicole, she was smug and possessive over Conrad. She had ruined the day I had planned for us. Now, Conrad is my boyfriend. On top of that, I'm showing up to a party that once again I wasn't invited too with Conrad.

     I wonder if Conrad was invited, because then I could technically be his plus one — not that it would make this situation any better. Nicole and Conrad still had a past, and now I'm his present — and hopefully future, attending a party Nicole is throwing.

     I wish Taylor wasn't here right now because I'd be less nervous, and I'd be Belly's plus one. Now I'm just a plus one of a plus one. I let Taylor and Belly walk in front of me, so I can stay back and hold Conrad's hand.

There are people scattered all across the lawn. The music is also so loud that I can feel it vibrating in my chest. I squeeze Conrad's hand because each step we take I get more and more nervous.

He looks down at me, and gives me a calming smile. "It's going to be great. I'm here with you," He says. His words calm the nerves fluttering around in my stomach. I've never been to a house party. I am slightly excited, we just need to get past the awkward welcome and seeing Nicole and I'll be okay. By the time we make it to the door, I feel ready.

We open the door, and somehow there is more people in here then there is outside. The first person I notice is, Jeremiah. I didn't even see him leave the house before us. He's sitting on the couch talking to a bunch of people I don't know. Someone screams, sliding down the banister, I look at Conrad as if to ask is this a normal occurrence for a party? He shrugs, nodding his head slightly to say, yeah.

I think we all noticed it at the same time. The mountain of cakes and cupcakes with the number 16 on top. There is no way they did all this for Belly, is there? I didn't realize Belly was so close to Nicole.

"Belly, you came!" Nicole gasps, running over to give her a hug.

I tense up at the sight of her. I inch back so I'm hidden behind Taylor and Conrad. "Hey, Nicole! You look so pretty!" Belly says when pulling away from the hug.

"Oh, me? Look at you. Oh, my goodness! Are those real flowers?" She asks looking from Belly, to Taylor's heads, then her eyes land on me.

For a split second, her eyes narrow. Not long enough for anyone who doesn't know the situations to notice, but it did happen. "Yes!" Belly says, snapping Nicole's attention back over to her.

Taylor had a slight scowl on her face. I'm not sure why, but I am slightly hoping Taylor noticed the look Nicole gave me so I can have more then Conrad on my side.

"Incredible. Well, we have to show Gigi!" Nicole says.

"Yeah, yeah, totally!" Belly says. I can hear the smile in her voice, it makes me sad that I can't enjoy this with her. Her new friends probably already hate me because of my issues with Nicole.

"You want to come?" Belly asks, motioning to Cam Cameron, and Taylor. She doesn't say it to me or Conrad so we take the hint.

"You have fun over there," Cam Cameron says.

"I'm gunna go find a drink. Claire, Conrad care to join me?" Taylor asks pointing her thumb in the direction of the kitchen.

"Okay! See you guys later!" Belly says, as Nicole drags her away.

Conrad, Taylor, and I push through the crowd and find the counter top full of half empty bottles of liquor. "What do you want to drink?" Conrad asks.

      I look up at him, completely overwhelmed by all the options. "I've never drank anything before, I wouldn't even know where to start," I say in a loud whisper.

      I felt embarrassed and childish. He lets out a loud laugh, and places a kiss on my forehead. "I will surprise you," he grabs an orange juice bottle that's on the counter, grenadine, and a bottle that says tequila.

      "A tequila sunrise?" Taylor grins. "I think she'll love it," she winks at me.

      "Tequila?" I gasp. "Babe, you're starting me on tequila, do you want me to die?"

      Taylor laughs, shaking her head. Conrad has a wide smile on his face and I know that I'd drink whatever to keep it there. "You'll be fine, we'll pace you. You like fruity drinks and you can barley even taste the tequila mixed with the grenadine. You'll be fine, I'm not drinking so I will watch you," he smiles.

      I let out a small huff, "please don't let me embarrass myself. I've never been drunk, I don't know how I'll act."

      "You've been high before," he points out.

      I stare at him, "you do realize they have different effects right? You of all people should know that."

      He smiles to himself, and nods. "Yeah, I was just trying to make you feel better about it."

      He starts pouring some tequila into my cup. "Stop! Stop! That was so much!" I say covering my cup. "Conrad Fisher, are you trying to get me drunk?" I say sternly but a hint of teasing was in it. I know he'd never put me in a dangerous position. I trust him, with my life. I know he'll be there for me.

      "Maybe," he grins. He's inches from my face. I can feel his breath across my lips.

      "You promise you won't leave my side," I ask, feeling the poutines coming out. Being drunk at the second party I've ever been too in my life sounds like an accident waiting to happen.

      He sighs, and his hair blows off the top of his forehead. "I guess, if I have to," he teases.

      I gasp, batting his arm. I back away crossing my arm, but I have a smile across my face.

      "Gross you guys are so cute, I'm gunna go vomit over here," Taylor says and disappears into the crowd.

       I don't feel bad because Taylor always knows how to make friends whenever she is down here. She'll be okay.

      "Oh be quiet, come here," he says pulling me in going back to our conversation. He places a small kiss on my lips, and his arm snakes around my back. His hand finds his way into my back pocket and I can't help the smile widen. It reminds me of To All The Boys I've Loved Before. When Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean we're in a fake relationship trying to convince everybody that they're actually dating. "Here, try it." He says handing me the cup. I look up at him suspiciously. "Stop it, just take a sip if you don't like it we can find the stoners," he laughs.

      I give in and take a sip. "What? No way, there's like a hint to tequila in this. I can barley taste it!"

      "See, drink it slow. I know it taste good but it'll hit you like a truck if you chug it."

      "Fair enough," I grin taking another sip.