s i x t y - o n e

Today is Deb ball day. I'm honestly excited to get dressed up. I have a black mermaid dress, with red heals. It compliments my hips, showing off my figure. I've never felt more beautiful in my life, and I have Susannah to thank for it. She took me shopping yesterday when she realized I had nothing to wear. When I tried to pay she slapped my hand and told me to go away, this was on her.

      Right now Susannah is doing my hair in soft curls, and is going to pin back the front piece to as she says, to show off my beautiful face.

I haven't seen Conrad and I'm itching to see him in a suit. I know he's going to look so handsome. I'm almost nervous to see him, that's how handsome I know he's going to be. It doesn't help that Susannah is making us wait to see each other until we leave. She wants it to be a big reveal. She's also excited because she told me she got him to wear a red tie that matches the color of my shoes.

"You look beautiful," Belly smiles coming up behind me. She's looking at me through the mirror. "Conrad is going to flip when he sees you." My face flushes more thinking about Conrad and the nervous butterflies find there way back into my stomach.

"Thank you," I smile. "And thank you Susannah." I say getting her attention. "I really appreciate everything you've done for me."

       "Anytime my pretty girl," she says placing a gentle hand under my chin. I can tell she's checking my make up again.

       "My make up is fine," I say laughing.

      "I just feel like it's missing something," she mumbles. "Ah!" She says and runs over to her make up bag. She digs in it for a second before pulling out a tube of lipstick. "Trust me," she says and comes over.

       And I do, I'd trust her with my life. Probably more then my own Mom. She applies the lipstick and turns me around in the chair so I can see myself in the vanity.

       I audibly gasp. I genuinely look so pretty. I hate to be kind of person, but I am so excited for Conrad to finally see me.

       "Are you ready to head downstairs?" Susannah asks. "Conrad is waiting," she grins. 

      "I am," I say hoping up. "Can I go now?" I ask.

      "Yes sweetheart so ahead," she smiles opening the door.

       I do my best attempt to run in the heals I'm wearing and when I hit the bottom step I see Conrad standing there. His back is too me and I can't see his face, so I walk up too him and place my hands over his eyes.

      "Guess who," I say grinning.

"My guess is Jeremiah but your hands feel too cold for it to be him," he teases.

"Funny," I say as he spins around. When I see his face, I let out a small whimper. He looks adorable. "You look so good," I say quickly. "Like really really good."

"Thank you," he smiles. "You on the other hand are drop dead gorgeous, baby." He pulls me close and gets close to my ear, "who told you, you could look this good?" I shiver under his validation.

"Stop it," I say shoving him off, "but keep going."

He doesn't let me get far because he pulls me back to him, "I don't know how I'm going to be able to focus on anything tonight besides you," he murmurs into my ear.

      I can feel myself physically blush from him comment, "Conrad let the girl breathe!" Susannah says breaking the moment as she comes downstairs. 

       He lets me go, but stops to send a wink my way when I go to find Jeremiah to see how he's doing. I see him outside, staring at the beach. "Hey," I say to catch his attention.

      He turns around and lets out a holler when he sees me. "Damn girl, you clean up nice!" He says.

      "Right back at you, nice tux. You doing okay?" I ask.

      "I'll be alright, at least I have you by my side tonight. What else do I need?" He asks, pulling me into him.

      "Right, I'm the best of the best. Can't get better then my company, ready to go?" I ask holding out my hand.

     He sighs, nodding. He grabs onto my hand and follows me inside, "we are ready!" I call out to everyone.

      "I'm coming! I'm coming!" Laurel screams running down the steps. "Okay let's go, are we all driving separately?"

      "Conrad, Steven, Claire, and Jeremiah are all going together and then we are driving separately with Cleveland," Susannah says answering her question.

      "Perfect, let's go team!" Laurel calls out.