f o r t y - t w o

"Stop it!" I cry out grabbing my stomach. "Please I'm gunna get abs because of how hard I'm laughing. I'm still sore from the gym! That is the funniest thing I've ever heard in my life!" I scream.

      "I'm serious! I really thought that my family abandoned me! They were gone all day!" He protest.

"They left a note," I point out. "They also told you Conrad we're taking Jeremiah to the dentist and then going to take him out shopping for back to school stuff and you still forgot?" I grab my stomach that is cramping from laughter.

"I was trying to break my record on call of duty! It was an intense game, I didn't hear a word they said Jeremiah knew that!"

     "Yeah, yeah. Drama king!" I tease.

     Conrad licks the side of my face, and I gasp sitting up attempting to pull myself away from him. Attempt in that sentence is the key word because Conrad locked his arms around my waist and pulled me closer to him then I was before.

     I poke his chest hard, "that was gross, never do that again." I say and mean it. When I was younger my mom used to lick her thumb and wipe food or something off my cheek and I'd literally have to hold myself back from gagging. I hate having other peoples saliva on my face, it was absolutely disgusting.

     "What? This?" He says and does it again.

     "Conrad!" I shriek, covering my face. "I'm seriously! Stop that," just as I went to wipe his saliva from my face I gagged loudly, forcing myself away from Conrad's grip. "Gross. Gross," I mumbles using the bottom of my shirt to wipe off any remaining saliva that didn't come from my own mouth.

      "Claire!" Conrad mocks, and then begins to tickling my side.

     "Connie stop with the tickles! We need to make a rule about no tickling it isn't fair!" I cry out, moving farther away from him.

     "Okay, okay, okay, I'm done. I promise I won't lick your face anymore. But I have to say watching you gag over it was funny as hell. I didn't realize it grossed you out that much, I'm sorry," he says wrapping his arms around my waist. "Want to see where everyone else is?" Connie asks, tucking a strand of my hair behind my ear to get it out of my face.

     "Maybe in a minute," I say. "I need to take a breather, you hurt my side." I chuckle, snuggling into his side.

     "Take all the minutes you need, I'm in no hurry," he sighs placing a kiss on my head.

*   *   *

     "May I present!" Belly screams, catching everyone's attention. I turn around, which is a bit challenging considering I'm in between Conrad's legs. I move his body to the side so I can see Belly, and he grins down at me. Just as I move Conrad I see just as Belly places a pitcher of pomegranate margarita that Victoria taught her to make. "The Belly Special?" She finishes.

     Everyone whoops clapping. I'm so excited to try it. I've only been drunk once before a few days ago and needless to say that didn't end very well. Thanks to my parents and their drop in visit I almost got sent back home for the summer, but since everyone else is doing it in a safe environment today, I'm going to enjoy my time and attempt to avoid my parents, as well as everyone else's at all costs today.

     Considering the fact that I can smell the pomegranate margarita from here, I have a feeling the nerves from being caught are going to be washed away pretty quickly by alcohol.

     Everyone around whoops and claps their hands. "Ooh, very nice!" I cheer with everyone else, clapping my hands.

     "Those looks awesome!" Nicole smiles up at her.

     Although I'm not okay with her being here, Conrad's light strokes across my shoulder keep me settled.

     "We saved you the inflatable unicorn!" Gigi points at the deflating unicorn in between me and her.

     "Well, thank you!" Belly grins, walking over.

     I stifle a laugh, she's clearly already a little tipsy. I love a tipsy Belly.

     "You want some?" Connie whispers into my ear.

     "Yes please," I nod.

      "Very cute!" I hear Belly cheers talking about the unicorn, as she sits beside me.

     "Hey, guys!" Jeremiah screams. "Look at
who I found!"

     "Cam!" everyone cheers, Belly the loudest.

     Nicole goes to offer Cam a drink and he shakes his head no, "Oh no! I'm good, thank you! I don't drink!"

     "Oh that's right! My bad," she smiles. "More for me," she says then chugs half her cup.

      "It isn't a race, Nic," Gigi teases.

     "Yeah, save some for the rest of us please!" Jeremiah jokes, sitting beside Gigi.

     Her eyes flash to me and Conrad real quick before she looks at Gigi, "yeah. You're right! It just taste so good!"

     "Okay, wait. Wait. Wait. But what if it was a race?" Belly asks. "I mean isn't that... isn't... isn't that the premise of.. like.. every drinking game?" Belly fumbles.

     "You want to play a drinking game?" Gigi asks, the shock isn't misplaced in her voice.

     "Why not? I mean, it's the Fourth of July, right?" She says.

     "Fuck it!" Conrad says, as if he'd turn down a drinking game.

     "I'm in!" I agree.

      "Let's do it!" Everyone cheers in unison.

      I have no idea what game we're playing, but all I know is if we get the coin in the cup, we point at someone and drink. Jeremiah, Belly, and Conrad all look at me when they're drinking so needless to say I'm cross faded and it's only been 15 minutes of this game.

      "Claire!" Belly screams, pointing at me.

      "What!" I scream. "I didn't even see— okay whatever, CHUG!" I scream mimicking her pointing.

      She smiles proudly at me, as I top off my drink. "Woooh!" I scream, clapping my hands.

     "More?" She asks.

      "Keep it coming," I say holding out my glass.

      "Want to dance? I really want to dance!" I say loudly.

       All the girls followed suit and we got up leaving the boys to play the game still.

_
authors note:

sorry this is a short chapter and it's been awhile since I've posted but all last week I felt bleh and it turns out I have covid. I tested positive yesterday and have been doing nothing but sleeping. Gunna try to re-edit this when I feel less crappy😂