f i f t y - o n e

This is definitely over the top dramatic, and maybe just a tad but corny but I love everything about it. Conrad has the proudest smile on his face, and just that alone brings tears of joy to my eyes.

The book lover in me stirred awake. Every romance grand gesture in books couldn't truly convey how you feel when something like this happens to you.

"Connie," I choked out, my hands cupped my mouth. "I don't even know what to say," I mumbled slowly walking over to him. "Thank you, this is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me."

He slowly places the sign down, making sure to keep it away from any candles. "I love you, I just wanted to show you how proud I am of you and celebrate you in a way you deserve."

"I love you," I say and smash my lips into his. "I love you. I love you. I love you. I don't know how I got so lucky," I say placing a kiss between each sentence.

I go in for a hug but Conrad stops me and wipes away the tears that were falling down my cheek. Once he finished, then he pulled me in for a hug. He wrapped his arms around me tightly enough so he could lift me off the wrong and my legs wrapped around his waist.

"You're the best thing that's ever happened to me," I whisper into his ear. "The very best."

"Right back atcha," he says giving me a squeeze. His hand cups the back of my head, before he legs me slide down him. "How was your first day of work?" He smiles.

We moved to the couch, where Conrad leaned forward tucking a strand of hair behind my ear before his hand rested on my shoulder. He rubbed small circles, watching me as I told him all about my day. From the donuts, to the trip to the park, all the way until I left after putting Grace down for a nap. It was a wonderful first day, and the kids seem to warm up to me rather quickly.

      "Sounds like you really enjoyed it," he says once I finished my ramble.

      "I did. I can already tell I'm gunna miss them when summer ends, but Maria said if we all end up liking each other I can work for them every summer."

"There you go!" Conrad says encouragingly. "I'm so proud of you. You look so happy."

      "Honestly," I say, "I really am. With things falling into place with one of my parents, getting this job, it's a good time to be alive." I grin, purposefully leaving him out.

      "So no other great reason to be alive?" He says mimicking my voice, in a teasing tone.

      "Hmm," I hum. Placing a finger to my chin as in deep thought. "Nope," I say. "Is there something in particular you're talking about?" I ask. I have no idea how I'm doing it, but I'm keeping a straight face. He doesn't break character either.

       "Nothing like dating someone? Just perhaps a guy you've been in love with since you learned what the word meant?" He asks.

     I gasp, breaking character. "How do you know I always liked you?"

      "It was obvious," he chuckles. "It was cute. Still is," he grins winking.

   "I love you," I say jumping in his arms. "You're the best part of life right now."

       He smiles. A full teeth smile, ones that make his eyes crinkle in the corner to show how happy he really is. "Are your mine," he says sliding a gentle finger slides down my cheek. I lean into his touch, I let him hold me. I let him celebrate me. I let him love me.