f o r t y - f i v e

"Hey. I've been looking for you, I just got Jeremiah high," I chuckle sitting next to Conrad. "How's your mom?" I ask.

"She's going okay," he says but he sounds sad and distant. I brush some hair away from his forehead and drop my elbow on his forehead so we're face to face. He lets out a defeated sigh, resting his head on my shoulder.

I run my fingers through the back of his hair, "are you sure?" I ask.

      He sits up so he can look at my face. "Yeah, she's okay. I think she's more upset about the cake holder then the cake itself. Little cuts on her elbows but other then that okay. She's sleeping," he shrugs. "Is it okay that I don't want to talk about my Mom right now? I just want to enjoy the last remaining hours of The Forth of July with my beautiful, perfectly, amazing girlfriend," he says pressing a kiss to the top of my head.

"You forgot hilarious, and the queen of my world, but whatever," I tease.

He gasp loudly, pulling away from me. "You're so right. Please forgive me!" He screams throwing my feet off him so he can get on the ground and bow. "Please, my Queen. The love of my life, forgive me." He says going up and down.

"Hmmm," I hum. Tapping my finger on my face as if I'm in deep thought. "I forgive you, just never forget again!"

"I promise I will never forget again how beautiful, hilarious, perfectly amazing my queen of a girlfriend is," he states pulling me in for a kiss, just as fireworks go off in the distance.

"Wow, I guess it's true that when you kiss someone you love you feel fireworks," he teases against my lips.

I roll my eyes, ready to make fun of him for that horribly, sickening, corny joke but he cuts me off by pulling my face back to his.

"I." Kiss. "Love." Kiss. "You." Kiss.

He breaks the kiss, and sits down behind my. Pulling my back to his chest as we keep watching the fireworks until the sky only shows gray smoke floating away into the distance after the fireworks are long over.

authors note:
ive been in a really bad mental state, wanted to write something even if it was short.
writing happy moments like this helps
My mental health SO. MUCH.