EIGHTEEN

S4 x E05 The Nina Project

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

——

In the Wheeler basement everyone was dozed off. Recovering from yesterdays attack on Melanie. Nancy was up talking to Eddie through the walkie talkies. She turned around noticing Melanie wasn't on the couch anymore and neither was Max. She hung up on Eddie who tried to keep her on but failed, Nancy turned to Dustin, ¨Dustin!¨

¨Mm.¨

¨Wake up.¨

¨What?¨

¨Aren't you supposed to be on Melanie and Max watch?¨

¨Yep. Yep, yep, yep. Sorry.¨

¨Then where are they?¨

¨They're right there.¨ Dustin says pointing to the couch where the two were suppose to be, ¨A second ago. I swear, I just dozed off for.. an hour.¨

Nancy and Dustin went upstairs in panick where they ended up finding Max and Melanie at the breakfast table. Max was making sure Melanie kept her music in her ears on all times while Melanie was being annoying making jokes about how she would bite her if she asked her to put the music on again.

"Morning, guys. Everything okay?" Karen asked.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's okay." Nancy says Max turns at the sound of voices and smiles at them while Melanie shows her vampire teeth which luckily Karen did not see.

"I think it's so sweet that you guys are sticking together like this."

"Could try sticking together at a different house for a change." Ted said.

"You know you're welcome anytime." Karen says to Dustin internally rolling her eyes at her husband.

"Totally. You're like family. May I?"

"Absolutely."

"Yeah, why not? Take us for all we're worth." Ted says sarcastically.

Dustin doesn't notice the sarcasm and smiles at him, "Okay." He continues pilling up the pancakes on his plate.

Nancy takes a seat next to Melanie, Melanie looks up gives her a look and goes back to drawing. Max sighs and walks off counting down the days until Melanie would hopefully shut her humanity on again.

Nancy notices and tries to talk to Melanie, "Hey."

Melanie looks up suprised anyone was saying something normal to her for the first time in weeks. All she heard from people was to stop being emotionless.

A part of Melanie was still there, but most of it was turned off. Everyone could notice how day by day Melanie was becoming more vulnerable. And that was a good thing but also a scary thing, nobody knew what she would be like when her humanity is back on.