TWENTY TWO

S4 x E09 — The Piggyback

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT PLEASE!

——

Everyone was in the van still. Except
Max, Erica and Lucas who had been dropped off at the Creel house. Nancy was pacing through the van as they were parked a few meters away from the trailer park.

"Okay. I wanna run through it one more time. Phase one."

Robin nods as she explains phase one, "We meet Erica at the playground. She'll signal Max and Lucas when we're ready."

Nancy nods relieved, "Phase two."

Steve continues, "Max baits Vecna. He'll go after her, which'll put him in his trance."

"Phase three?"

Dustin sighs, "Me and Eddie draw the bats away."

"Four."

Melanoe clears her throat, "We head into Vecna's newly bat-free lair, and... flambé."

Nancy nods, "Nobody moves on to the next phase until we've all copied. Nobody deviates from the plan, no matter what. Got it?"

"Got it."

They all get out of the van and get into Eddie's trailer. As they get in the rope to the upside down is still there. Steve goes first.

"Be careful."

Steve nods at Dustin, "Thanks, buddy. Here goes nothing."

Steve gets into the upside down safely. He looks up where Melanie, Robin and Nancy are standing on the mattress next to go.

"What does he want us to do, applaud?"

Melanie sighs and gets onto the rope next. She falls down onto the mattress that Steve had put down. Steve gives her a hand, "Gotcha." The two stare at eachother for a second being face to face.

Nancy comes in next making them move from eachother. Nancy notices and smiles to herself. Robin comes in next, after following Eddie and lastly Dustin. They all get out of the trailer and Steve turns to Eddie and Dustin who are staying here to distract the bats, while Melanie is going with Robin, Nancy and Steve towards Vecna.

"Hey, guys, listen. If things here start to go south, I mean, at all, you abort. Okay? Draw the attention of the bats. Keep 'em busy for a minute or two. We'll take care of Vecna. Don't try to be cute or be a hero or something. Okay? You guys are just..."

Dustin sighs, "Decoys. Don't worry. You can be the hero, Steve. Go impress Melanie or something."

Eddie laughs, "Absolutely. I mean, look at us. We are not heroes."

Steve gives them a nod. And turns around just then Eddie stops him, "Hey, Steve? Make him pay for what he did."

Steve nods. Melanie runs up to Eddie and Dustin and hugs them. They look suprised but hug her back.