Chapter 4

It was multiple days until we'd do something in person. Texting on and off while we were free, though I seemed to be the freest compared to what he was doing. Whatever Leonardo was doing. The whole situation had opened my eye to a different type of life I never thought of before, and my curiosity grew on what this whole living in the sewer's thing was about.

I simply read the comic he gave me, looked for some job offers in the East Village, called my dad, and made some yummy brownies over the course of multiple days. Plus, texted Leo when he was available. I didn't want to really leave the house though, not after that whole gang fight. Leo was right. The fear of them following me grew, whether I wanted to admit it or not I didn't think I could take them all if I didn't have Leo's help. And still, I had no clue how he really fought them all off.

Leo left me on read for several hours now, I didn't think about it much, until he messaged again, and I considered what had happened.

Captain Leo: Are you free today, would you like to hang out?

Captain Leo: My sensei and brothers want to meet you...

Oh! Sure :(Y/N)

Does this mean I'm venturing in the sewers? :(Y/N)

Captain Leo: Yes, LOL, I'll meet you outside your window and take you down there

Right now? :(Y/N)

Captain Leo: Does that work for you?

Yes actually! Good timing! :(Y/N)

Captain Leo: Alright, I'll be there in a few

Assuming he wasn't joking about being there in a few, I was quick to get my things together. That included a peace offer of brownies. I sat on my bed and waited, holding the brownies, my mini backpack, and the comic he lent to me. There was a tapping at my window, and I answered, "It's open already."

"Hey, you good to go?" Leo smirked, coming inside.

"Yes, I have brownies, may I bring them?" I asked, cautious.

"Of course, one thing," he paused, putting his hands out front. "Are you okay if I carry you? It's much easier to travel by rooftop especially with how busy it is today."

I thought about it for a moment, "travel by rooftop?"

"Yes, like jumping from each," he explained awkwardly.

"Oh," my eyes widened. "Sure," I shrugged. If he was trained it couldn't be that bad.

He nodded, offering me his hand, and helping me out the window. Then it happened. He scooped me up bridal style and took a big leap up onto the rooftop. I looked around in awe, I had never been up there but considered it many times. "You alright?" he asked. "Tell me if you get uncomfortable."

I nodded, my face getting hotter by the moment. He was carrying me, holding me close to him, his hot breath on my face as he took multiple steps backwards. I was confused for a moment, until we started running. Without question he took off, jumping from rooftop to rooftop, I tried not to show how scared I was in the moment.

"Hey, I'm sorry, I'll go slower," Leo reassured, making a quick stop.

"How did you-?" I asked.

"When your part turtle you kinda' get a hunch for these things, I could smell your fear essentially."

"Ah that makes sense," I nodded, and he started off again. This time, he wasn't as fast, but still as focused.